Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by Mr Miyagi »

We need inside mids who can get the ball at centre bounces and bust packs. Tay Adams left a hole, as have injuries to Tom Mitchell and JDG. And a defender who’s fast and can intercept mark.

Sounds easy lol
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

Draft either (or both) of the Whitlock twins.

Both offer more as long-term KPF's than almost anyone on the fringe of our best 23 for 2025.

Haynes (GWS) is a good intercept defender (and would come cheap)
Battle (StKilda) would be better (but would be expensive)
Elliott Himmelberg (Adelaide) is a 200cm swingman- Unrestricted free agent, but only 26 years old.
Harry Perryman (GWS) 189cm defender with pace- could easily replace the Markov/Noble role.
Adam Tomlinson (Melb) 194cm third tall defender OR a quick endurance running wingman. (Unrestricted)
Mason Wood (St Kilda) 194cm wingman (Unrestricted)
Liam Duggan (West Coast) 183cm back flanker- only 27 years old and Unrestricted Free Agent

As stated above, SAM GLOVER (Collingwood VFL) at 28 before next season is 194cms and 84kgs.
He can play either back or forward which never grows old. He is a strong contested mark and a lovely left foot kick. I am certain that he will be on some AFL team's list in 2025.

Relying on our recruiters to try and jag a really good, strong midfielder before next season (trade or Draft)

We will have a war chest you cannot pole-vault over at the end of 2025 when most of : Sidebottom, Cox, Howe, Pendlebury, Mihocek, Elliott & Mitchell are retired...

Floreat pica
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Absolutely no to a trade for Sam Weidemann. Pedigree or not. Last resort rookie list to retrain as a key defender only. I would take him as a VFL listed player in 2025 however
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Micro wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:37 pm If we are unable to snag one of the preferred KPF, then we should look no further than Glover in our VFL team. Great leap and mark and excellent kick for goal. Can also play at either end of the round. I believe we should rookie him.
I like this post. Would be great reward for Glover who’s done a mountain of work in our VFL backline this year.

And to the posts supporting the Whitlock twins that would be quite a coup if we can end up with either of the boys.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Presti35 »

Elliott Himmelberg and Battle are the ones for me. Shouldnt have to pay overs if they can both see the opportunity they have here. 'Berg taking over from Cox and Battle taking over when Nathan Murphy left off.

I'd also stay clear of Weideman. 28 next year, hasnt played this year, been underwhelming at 2 clubs now. I just cant see how he has shown enough. I know he'll likely be a delisted free agent, but I'd much rather go for Jones/Wright from Essendon, at least they do something... sometimes anyway.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:54 pm We need inside mids who can get the ball at centre bounces and bust packs. Tay Adams left a hole, as have injuries to Tom Mitchell and JDG. And a defender who’s fast and can intercept mark.
One H. Reid would do nicely. Imagine he and Nick in the same midfield? But there is no way on Earth that we could put together a trade good enough to make it happen.

JDG, IQ, Ash, HH, Joe, Reef, Ed, Harry, Future 1st, this years 2nd and third, and paying parts of all those contracts... Yeah WCE not budging.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Persistent reports in the Adelaide media that the Pies are interested in Mark Keane
I think therefore I think - I think
SLORT
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by SLORT »

Last year we were (reportedly) in to Chad Wingard. Out of contract for next year, would be cheap, will be 32 in July next year...wonder if we go again? I doubt with the way their small forwards have come on that they'll give him another year. If anything he'll probably end up at Carlton.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Jack Lukosius an Liam Ryan have popped up as potential trade targets for clubs.

So thats Ryan, Waterman, Sheed, Witherden, and Barrass all looking to leave WCE along with a few retirements there.

Cam Raynor of the Lions is also being spoken about as a big free agent target in 2025, with Essendon thought to be going heavily after him.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

What's everyone's thoughts on Tarryn Thomas?

Could get him for free, high quality talent, but clearly comes with baggage.

I'm not advocating for him, I don't personally think he's capable of changing his shitty attitude toward women even if he could reign in his behaviour, but I wonder if Fly and the leadership group could back themselves to get him on track?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

^
No bleeping way. Not even if he paid us a million bucks. Just no effing way. He regularly skipped AFL and court ordered behavioural programs, continued to reoffend. He’s a pos. Players would revolt, coaches would revolt, members would revolt. The only ones who’d approve are ambulance chasing journos. I know major St Kilda people who are fuming and disgusted at rumours there’s even been a phone call. Should be in prison. End of story.
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SLORT
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by SLORT »

stui magpie wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:00 am What's everyone's thoughts on Tarryn Thomas?
Won't happen. Lucky to still have Jordy playin for us. Bet Geebung snags him as a dance partner for Bailey Smith...
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

A definite NO on Thomas. Just comes with too much baggage that we don't need.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Jen2310 »

No on Thomas.

Just because something is free, doesn't mean its healthy.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Tarryn Thomas, no way. After what he did on Christmas day? Why would we want a person like that around the club? And he brings such negative press with him too. I know he is a gifted player, but I dont care if he's as good a Hercules and Gumby combined. We dont want him.