Post Match. Swans sink Pies - All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

choppa
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Post Match. Swans sink Pies - All comments.

Post by choppa »

Can someone confirm when we used our sub?
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

momentum is triggered by free kicks.
Free kicks can change the direction of play so drastically the players will be on the offensive rather than defense.
its a total myth that free kicks don't effect the momentum of teams.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

It really encapsulates Collingwood's season in a game.

We can atleast dispense with this absurd idea we were going to make finals.

Now to do what you should have done last year...make some calls on this list and start preference youth over age.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

Bitter disappointment to let that lead slip the way they did.
Ned Long's reversal started the rot but he left himself open to a 50 50 call that went against him. Was there contact or did the swan throw his head back? Does a superstar get 50 for his opponent holding on too long but nah let's ping Ned instead.
Then a series of deliberates that could have been paid either way with the non call on McStay for 50 at the death when it was there sealing their fate.
They couldn't get their hands on those final clearances so that's where the game was lost with help from the home town decisions.
How many times have they coughed up a 4 goal lead this year late in the game to leave the result hanging in the breeze like tonight? That's what they have to fix. Playing out time now.
woodsmen rule
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Ned didn’t even hit the swan, he threw his head back and played for it
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

I think this was the most one-sided umpiring I have ever seen- these umpires were horrible- The missed around the neck to Sidey just before Warner kicked his goal was just pathetic.
27 frees to 15 says it all.
The non-50 metre call when the Swans player clearly ran six paces over the mark after McStay's grab was absolutely blatant.
I hope that they get 50,000 to the Grand Final and Western Bulldogs hand Sydney their arse again.

We need a quick, decent sized half back flanker and show John Noble the door- good sides kick it to him and his man repeatedly. It is actually quite embarrassing.

Play Jiath, Demattea, Richards, Macrae, McInnes next week.
Put any players who need surgery out straight away.

Ironically, we may have found a natural tagger in Sidebottom- he has great endurance and reads the play well.
I am so glad that I no longer put one cent into the AFL coffers- the hate I feel for them tonight could not be contained in a nuclear power plant.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:49 pm Ned didn’t even hit the swan, he threw his head back and played for it
Indeed, sir- before Long had the free reversed, there should have been 50 metres as Parker was holding him...
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

This is going to be the most critical off season in Collingwood's history for decades. Since we have no draft capital at all (we squandered it on a spud from Freo), we are going to have to hope we can pick up some free agents or do a trade. Most of all someone has to take Fly aside and tell him the Game plan of 2023 is DEAD! It is not longer the way to win football matches.
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

We can offload Schultz for a start.

He offers nothing so a 5th rounder will suffice. We'll even pay 90% of his salary.
Last edited by What'sinaname on Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

warburton lad wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:51 pm
I am so glad that I no longer put one cent into the AFL coffers- the hate I feel for them tonight could not be contained in a nuclear power plant.
You are a wise man Lad. The whole Collingwood army will share your sentiments tonight. The AFL can go and get stuffed. They are as bent as the Murray River and fix matches as much as the NFL does in the US. That was a total stitch up for us tonight. (Of course we have ourselves to blame when we play the close ones and give the maggots a chance to influence the result). If only we had the killer spirit that Port Adelaide showed last week. When you get an opponent on the canvas kick their bloody head in (UFC style).
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I’m gonna have a good September, I’m Finals bound, dunno about you lot!

Should’nt have lost the game being 27 up or whatever it was, I knew this game was gonna be a clusterfk, which is why I was watching the NRL instead.

That game was INSANE, do yourselves a favour & watch the last 10mins Panthers v Eels - & note the score line.

THAT’S class, not what this mob have dished out this season.

PS: Told ‘yas Shultz is kaka!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

What'sinaname wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:57 pm We can offload Schultz for a start.
Only if we package up Hine to go with him...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

So I’m guessing the umpires didn’t like Pendlebury explaining how to umpire to them during the quarter break. AFL has a huge umpiring issue, four umpires has made it worse and there’s obvious bias and corruption
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

piedys wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:58 pm
What'sinaname wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:57 pm We can offload Schultz for a start.
Only if we package up Hine to go with him...

4 more years of this Fremantle spud. FMD
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:02 pm So I’m guessing the umpires didn’t like Pendlebury explaining how to umpire to them during the quarter break
You could have gone into any pub in Melbourne and taken four guys at random, put them in a yellow shirt and shorts and they'd have done a better job of interpreting the rules of this game than those four ****tards tonight!!! The club must not let this pas. I don't care if they fine us 100K. Call them out for this. It was so obvious.