Post Match. Swans sink Pies - All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: Post Match. Swans sink Pies - All comments.

Post by Piesnchess »

woodys_world69 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:45 pm momentum is triggered by free kicks.
Free kicks can change the direction of play so drastically the players will be on the offensive rather than defense.
its a total myth that free kicks don't effect the momentum of teams.

The yellow maggots now literally decide matches with their biased frees, been going on for some time, which is why many fans are losing interest in the game ,many wont go, wont renew memberships cos of this unending shit they churn up weekly. Worst umpiring ive seen in 6 decades, its an abomination nowdays, and boy, they do have their favourite teams, like the pink ducks, thats for ****.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I will get flamed unmercifully here but I need to ask the question, did we CHOKE? Except for the usual useless maggot reasons (you are so right Piesnchess) and players going missing, I’m trying hard to work out why we lost such a handy lead in the last quarter?
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Haff wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:15 pm WHE is an interesting one when you see the footage on the blocks etc. Schultz has to do more. Ginni was a match winner, Schultz is not.

Schultz will be a better player next season , I reckon, it takes awhile to settle in to a new club, look at McStay, took him two yrs, and then he won a PF for us, last year. Ginni did nothing in the GF, zilch, went to the races, mocked the club an coach, post the GF, is a juvenile walking time bomb, as the Hawks will find out soon enough.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Yes the scumps had a hard on for the pink ducks but Noble and Frampton need to be delisted. We had our chances but Sidey and Pendles misses cost us the game. Oh and Shooter you need a new nickname because you're rubbish 30m in front of goal
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

lazzadesilva wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:49 pm I will get flamed unmercifully here but I need to ask the question, did we CHOKE? Except for the usual useless maggot reasons (you are so right Piesnchess) and players going missing, I’m trying hard to work out why we lost such a handy lead in the last quarter?

Lazza, yeh, despite the Maggots, to give up a lead like that is poor and very deflating, to say the very least. We seem to panic, go into our shells a bit. Like, in Chess, my game, there is a motto, ATTACK IS THE BEST DEFENCE, NEVER STOP ATTACKING. Reckon Fly and our boys should recite that mantra, pre match in every game. :!: :idea:

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Devastated by this loss.
Should never have let it slip.
Umpires f***ed us over, and hopefully Fly calls them out, and makes a complaint. However, not sure this is the full reason why we lost. Devastating injuries in our midfield throughout the year forced guys not accustomed to the role to play as inside mids.
Led to cumulative exhaustion, and then with Ned Long and Jack Bytel we had players who do not yet perhaps possess the necessary AFL level midfield tank trying to make up the difference, it wasn't quite possible
Final qr fade out happened last week as well.
Was a truly heroic effort by the entire team.
Ned Long and Jack Bytel well done. Build on this performance over the next 2 games and go into the preseason running.
But yeah, the one sided umpiring will forever rage in our memories. The game was so tight, that their incompetence might well have swung the difference.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Coaching this year has been very poor, the polar opposite of last year which was world class.

Our game plan in the last quarter is shocking.

We are like a tennis player with no second serve and have bread a culture of get a lead and then stop and pray we hold on.

It has to change.

Schulz needs to be dropped for the rest of the year and we need to bring the kids in.
Buon Giorno
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Good to see Fly speak out against the umpiring in his presser.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Schultz missed a sitter right in front of goal.
He has no skill he has no pace,
He will get slower and slower as time goes by.
He is ordinary at best.
How oh how did we give up a first round pick for him?
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Jezza wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:11 am Good to see Fly speak out against the umpiring in his presser.

Dickhead Dillon and L. Kane will shit the nest, and hand Fly a ten grand fine, but I hope he did, it was high bloody time. Dopey Dillon said recently, " the umpiring has never been better " Pfffft. :? :roll: :evil: :evil:

Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Agree Jezza. Did so in his usual manner, full of class, yet totally making clear his position: that umpiring incompetence cost us the game.
In my mind, given the margin of the game, there is no doubt that the umpires determined the final result.
Of course, we should never have let the game slip to the situation where their incompetence/bias (who knows) could do so...that's on us.
But Fly has done well by calling them out, and publicly humiliating such a travesty of fairness.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Finished watching the Presser.
Fly was utterly shattered.
And his anger was palpable.
I think he could hardly believe that the umpiring was so skewed against us.
Praised the team, because you could tell- underneath he thought that we were robbed by umpiring incompetence of a totally unprecedented magnitude.
Our last qr fadeouts are a product of the unrlenting series of injuries we have suffered this season.
Fly knows this, and knows the huge effort and determnation that drove our performance today and led to a match winning lead in the final qr.
But he also knew that playing out the game would be an issue for us.
And when umpiring decisions wrongly penalised us, this proved to be a critical factor.
Did not cost us a Premiership.
We were never going to win from here.
But cost us another glorious achievement that we could have treasured this year, and a momentum builder for 2025.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

shawthing wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:57 pm If only we had the killer spirit that Port Adelaide showed last week. When you get an opponent on the canvas kick their bloody head in (UFC style).
This x 100! However, I don’t think it’s the players who don’t have the killer instinct I think it’s Craig McCraig and the coaches and their obsolete game plan…thinking we could ice the game at however many points we were up is being far too cute by far…especially when they know what we are doing, have trained for it, and have the weapons at their disposal to execute and hurt us. Circling the wagons and “playing the seconds” (Presti) has cost us dearly this year whereas when we’ve taken the game on (Rocca) we have been able to match it with anyone.

Yes, thank you Craig for 2023…will be forever grateful..but it’s time to stop living in the past and your own press clippings…yes you coached the players how to win the close ones and have been applauded for it…yes we won 18 games by less than 6 points in the last 3 seasons…but now the opposition know what to do when we slow down and go into game save mode…they dominate clearance, speed up and take the game on, isolate and play through our weaker and undersized defenders, build momentum, and yes they are lucky but sometimes you make your own luck.

It’s time to innovate, move with the times, and come up with a sustainable game plan for another tilt in 2025.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
shawthing
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

lazzadesilva wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:49 pm I will get flamed unmercifully here but I need to ask the question, did we CHOKE? Except for the usual useless maggot reasons (you are so right Piesnchess) and players going missing, I’m trying hard to work out why we lost such a handy lead in the last quarter?
No Lazza. It's a fair question. I don't think choke is the right word though. I think it's that they've been trained to lock down games and win the close ones. Only problem this year is that they have been trying to do this too far out from the final siren. The best way to finish off teams is to keep kicking goals. We slammed the breaks on far too early, and also missed some sitters in the process. Lipinski's stuff up when he fumbled away a certain run into goal was probably the straw that broke us.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:49 am
No Lazza. It's a fair question. I don't think choke is the right word though. I think it's that they've been trained to lock down games and win the close ones. Only problem this year is that they have been trying to do this too far out from the final siren. The best way to finish off teams is to keep kicking goals. We slammed the breaks on far too early, and also missed some sitters in the process. Lipinski's stuff up when he fumbled away a certain run into goal was probably the straw that broke us.

Both Checkers and a fully fit De Goey, were sorely missed tonight. Irreplaceable, really.