250 for Howe

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

250 for Howe

Post by think better »

What a great pick up he has been for the black and white - sit back and marvel https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/ ... 3085662001
I think therefore I think - I think
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 145 times

Re: 250 for Howe

Post by LaurieHolden »

That'll bring up 150 for the Carringbush and 250 over 14 seasons.

He was enormous in 2018 when our backline was decimated and that 2022 season was perhaps his best for us.
But that comeback after the arm break was a Lazarus like feat.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

He's been magnificent since crossing over from the Dees. Im just sad that he probably wont win a MOTY in a Collingwood jumper.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

A absolute gun player and super pick up for the club. Has oozes all the leadership and teammanship traits you could ask for of a senior player, and never ever takes a backward step. By geez this club has some quality in its ranks, and Howey epitomises it.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Congrats to him on 250 games.

Been a fine servant of the club. I'm just very happy he's a part of a Premiership side after years of hard work and determination.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

^ Aint that the truth Jezza!

He was one of the guys I was especially happy for after the GF.

I was very sad when he got injured in 2020 against GWS. It was a close game and that's one of the worst feelings I've ever had after a game. And then the injury in round 1 last year against the Cats. Another time where I felt awful after a match, even though we'd won. But he was good enough to fight back and be a part of the flag.

Surprisingly, he has never been selected for AA honours. But he was elected in the 40-man squad in 2017. He and Crisp should have at least 1 AA jacket imo.

What an absolutely awesome player and person to have had around the club. The trade was Seedsman and Ben Kennedy for Howe and pick 68, in a deal involving Collingwood, Melbourne, Adelaide and Port. We then traded that pick 68 to StKilda with Freeman and recieved the pick to trade for James Aish.

I just hope we can see a few more MOTY contenders from him in 2025... and another flag would be nice too. :lol:
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

Howe has been a magnificent servant in black and white.

Played some great games and shown enormous leadership in his time at Pieland.

Would love to think he could stay on after retiring as a Development coach.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Howie has been a great player for us. Such a brave and talented defender for us in all conditions. He's been a good pinch hitting forward for us too. As Warburton Lad says he might make a good development coach for us when the time comes for him.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Have loved every single one of Howe's high flying marks. His body position, strength and use of his body to outmark so many over the years has been magnificent. He's also transformed in his time at the pies from dog dramas to a senior leader and it shows. Very glad he could come back and be an active part of the 2023 flag.
It's a gimmick I know but would have loved him to keep wearing the long left sleeve.

I'm wondering if Howe has 1 more season in him or only 2 more games. I think there was some news about him triggering an extension for next year in the 250game but until the club announces is, there's always a chance he could be content. Could he be another potential candidate to take up a role with the Tasmanian Tigers FC in future years, I'm sure Ben Gale will be on the recruiting drive for Tassie candidates like Howe.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark