Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by Jen2310 »

Its probably less about years/money than it is about opportunity for richards. Lets hope he stays, but wouldn't blame him if he doesn't.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Geez if he’s complaining about not getting games in his first year of AFL and his manager is talking trade, then he can pack his bags.
Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Jen2310 »

^its his 2nd year.
And next year he'll be 26.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Richards is a lightly built outside small forward. Hardly worth a huge battle with Port/Richards management
Cut our losses and get a good trade

Not sure why we are interested in Hobbs assuming this is not just media BS
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

In terms of Richards, I believe the following:
* he is one of a small band of Collingwood players who are equally capable on either foot
* he has good pace and footy smarts
* he would do very well if our forward line had three talls: Mihocek, McStay and Cox as primary targets
* he would be a very good rover if he added some bulk to his frame.

As a trade to Port, he would get no better than a third rounder (a pick in the late 40's at best).

Is it worth trading a younger guy who would return so little in value for a speculative range National Draft pick at best??

I say "No..."
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times

Post by Presti35 »

After watching Hobbs last night, I have to agree with many on here. He looked terrible.

I know he's only 20, but 2 tackles for a "big bodied mid"?

Essendon playing him forward with Parish, McGrath, Merrett and Shiel taking the midfield spots. I dont know, is Scott just a bad coach? Still, it wasnt good enough from Hobbs last night.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... Hobbs.html

45 games over three seasons. There's a couple of good games in there. But that can be said for Sier too.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

No thanks Hobbs, Macrae was consistent again today in the VFL and much more dynamic than Hobbs.

McInnes was good playing a Maynard / Howe type defensive role I the VFL today. I want to persist with them and give them a chance in pies colours instead. I don’t like the current pies trajectory of giving so many veterans a farewell season
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Big T wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:32 pm
piedys wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:27 pm
Presti35 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:52 pm We're into Ben Hobbs according to Superfooty.
What a coup; we've set our sites on another waddling spud, who will no doubt be painted as first-rounder waiting to blossom at another club by Didickhead at Dopers.

Will we all pass the hat around to chip in for another 1kg tub of anal lube for the upcoming trade period?
Surely you aren’t suggesting Dyso that we will be reamed in the trade period by Dodoro? Surely that’s fantasy!
I’d say we won’t offer more than two future first rounders for a clear star of the comp like Hobbs.
Now T, where in the world did you get THAT idea?! :o
Do our elite Wile E. Coyote genius recruiters have priors for such negotiations? :shock:
Presti35 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:19 pm @piedys @Big T Regarding Hobbs, what do you think the trade would actually be. It's not going to be a first round pick.
What would the trade need to be for you to actually think about it?
3rd rounder and Peter Wright. Honestly though, Hobbs is a good honest battler and nothing more. I don't see him improving us in 2025.
We need to recruiting more security detail to protect Nick. Not telling you anything you don't already know....
Presti35 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:54 pm After watching Hobbs last night, I have to agree with many on here. He looked terrible.

I know he's only 20, but 2 tackles for a "big bodied mid"?

Essendon playing him forward with Parish, McGrath, Merrett and Shiel taking the midfield spots.
I dont know, is Scott just a bad coach? Still, it wasnt good enough from Hobbs last night.
That lot got walked all over in the 2nd half last night; as I pissed myself laughing at their insipid effort.
Stomped on by a Pink Ducks side who should have been absolutely exhausted after running us down last week.
Oh, and Weideman.... Surely he get's fire-saled by October? You'd have to cut your losses on him, or play him VFL for 2025?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Hard pass on Cam Rayner after today
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Raynor was terrible today
No thanks
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

Presti35 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:52 pm We're into Ben Hobbs according to Superfooty.
Who he? Genuine question....
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^
Young Essendon inside mid fielder. He was an early pick, so that always grabs peoples attention. I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’s any better than MacRae, so I wouldn’t read much into it … unless of course MacRae moved on prior.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
SLORT
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by SLORT »

Nathan Buckley thinks that Sam Darcy has the potential to be the #1 player in the comp as early as next year and the Doggies will end up having to pay accordingly (out of contract 2025). Hopefully this eventuates as we may be able to take a nibble on the rest of the their list.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

If only JUH was out of contact next year 😪. That guys is what Collingwood need to a T. Would have been a million a year, but a perfect fit.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
SLORT
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by SLORT »

derkd wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 1:10 pm If only JUH was out of contact next year 😪. That guys is what Collingwood need to a T. Would have been a million a year, but a perfect fit.
Aaron Naughton..."mad Collingwood supporter growing up"...24yrs old, 7 yrs left on his contract, do Doggies need 3 talls, let alone how can they afford all of them plus English?

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/afl-dr ... b88661570z

PS ~ when you search "aaron naughton collingwood" there is a photo of a young Naughton in his bedroom surrounded by Pies memorabilia. We must have broken his heart when we decided to draft J.Stephenson instead of him...