Post Mortem Holiday

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post Mortem Holiday

Post by Culprit »

This is for everyone to post about their Holidays.

Part 1 of mine. I holiday every year around July/August and normally around a month. This year I hit Canada (Nova Scotia). Flights over were Melb to Sydney, Sydney to Vancouver (14 hours 40), Vancouver to Toronto (4 hours), and finally Toronto to Halifax (2.5 hours). I flew Air Canada other than Qantas Domestic. It was a full-on holiday staying with friends in Greenwood Nova Scotia which is about an hour's drive from Halifax. Arrived early and we had cocktails. I passed out when I hit the bed. I think it was the marijuana gummy bear I had. I stayed in a fully self-contained basement. Up early for Pancakes and Maple Syrup and Bacon, it was like a scene out of "Uncle Buck". We ventured into Kingston to buy some things and hit the Dan Murphys which is the Government Run NSLC (Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation). Grabbed supplies for the trip to Prince Edward Island (PEI). Drove around 4 hours to PEI and set up camp on the East Coast. From there we explored the whole island in 4 days. Met a lot of people and had a lot of seafood, everything is on steroids. One meal a day was plenty. Went to Fort Louisburg and treated to a musket and cannon show. The history behind the fort was it was French and then the English took it and then the French took it back and then the English wiped it out. They rebuilt it and its a historical place. It's Sovereign Hill on Steroids. So 4 days of exploring PEI and it was back to Greenwood. I drove half of it. 140kmh most times, no speed cameras, and people were passing me. Went to a Rib Fest and a Country music show with heaps of beers. Then had a live lobster cook-off and drinking with some ex-serviceman and we were going toe to toe. 8.5% beers and I was fine, they were all under the table. The next day I was advised that their wives said they could not play with me. Also explored a few local falls and hiked a bit. 7 days down and 12 to go. Part 2 to to follow, feel free to ask me anything. Once I sort through pics I will send a link.