#8 Lachie Schultz

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: #8 Lachie Schultz

Post by Piesnchess »

WELL done Lochie, you made some of these armchair critics here, to just STFU, they must be very silent now. I knew you would come good, you just needed time to settle in, to our style of game same as McStay did too, he used to cop shit from dickheads on here , and elsewhere, an without him, we would not have made last seasons GF. As Matty Lloyd said today, and I quote, " Make NO mistake, Shultz is going to be a superb player for Collingwood, in the future". Well said Matty , I take your word over numpites on here, anyday.!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I think they probably are all just pleased for Schultz that he had an impact, especially after he didn't make the distance from 35 m out with a crucial kicki in the third quarter. They're probably no happier with the decision to recruit him. I know I'm not.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Pies4shaw wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:09 am
eddiesmith wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:11 pm... this club hasn’t had a lot of luck with first round draft picks.
Collingwood first-round draft picks in the last 10 drafts:

2014 - De Goey. Moore
2015 - None
2016 - None
2017 - Stephenson
2018 - Quaynor
2019 - None
2020 - Henry, Macrae, McInnes
2021 - Nick Daicos
2022 - Allan
2023 - De Mattia
So 2 non f/s success stories in 10 years, yep, Lachie Schultz was definitely a smarter bet.
Durka
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Durka »

Piesnchess wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:44 pm WELL done Lochie, you made some of these armchair critics here, to just STFU, they must be very silent now. I knew you would come good, you just needed time to settle in, to our style of game same as McStay did too, he used to cop shit from dickheads on here , and elsewhere, an without him, we would not have made last seasons GF. As Matty Lloyd said today, and I quote, " Make NO mistake, Shultz is going to be a superb player for Collingwood, in the future". Well said Matty , I take your word over numpites on here, anyday.!
PNC, I am not sure what a numpite is, but is it somehow related to you mis spelling both his first and last names?
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

The Lochie Ness Monster was finally sighted at the G. Well done nessy!
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

New nick's name 'Locie Monster'! Love it
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

eddiesmith wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:33 pm Also kicked more goals from the same amount if games as the little sook he replaced…

So anyone claiming it’s been a complete dud and we’d have been better off keeping Ginni to his contract when he wanted out is off the mark.

Imagine how shit Ginni would be playing if he didn’t want to be here?

Well said, could not have said it better myself.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Durka wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:01 pm
Piesnchess wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:44 pm WELL done Lochie, you made some of these armchair critics here, to just STFU, they must be very silent now. I knew you would come good, you just needed time to settle in, to our style of game same as McStay did too, he used to cop shit from dickheads on here , and elsewhere, an without him, we would not have made last seasons GF. As Matty Lloyd said today, and I quote, " Make NO mistake, Shultz is going to be a superb player for Collingwood, in the future". Well said Matty , I take your word over numpites on here, anyday.!
PNC, I am not sure what a numpite is, but is it somehow related to you mis spelling both his first and last names?

NO, my grandson is called Lochie, to all of us, and I was going by the old TV show, Hogans Heroes, the German sgt, with his second name spelling. :P