Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by Dark Beanie »

If Bailey Smith goes, then that will free up some cap space but they will have to do some juggling to cater for increased contracts for JUH and Darcy.
And they will be paying the full amount of Treloars salary.

Who someone supported as a kid doesn't really come into it these days.
It may in some cases but players will be looking at their careers, $ , potential to win a flag, lifestyle and family.
How many players would have hated the Pies growing up and now (or have) played for them?
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
SLORT
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by SLORT »

Dark Beanie wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 2:26 pm How many players would have hated the Pies growing up and now (or have) played for them?
~ Ash Johnson...and it seems to show (jk)...at least I remember finding out something similar after he was drafted, but yeah, I take your point.
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by piffdog »

So the question is:

What would you give up for Petracca?

Assume we could take on his salary (maybe we have to slice it up a little while we have all the veterans next year), but surely we could foot the bill for the 4 years after that?

He would provide a nice transition post Sidey and Pendles.

I would forgo next years first and second, and probably this year’s second too. We might need to throw a player in too. Joe Richards? He’s probably the only young guy with a sniff of currency…

Would be betting the farm for a player who is 29 at the start of next season, but would be a nice addition with Jordy for another 3-4 years…
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Midfield - Pendles, De Goey, Daicos, Mitchell, Petracca. We’d need to manage fitness and injury perfectly though.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:24 pm Hard pass on Cam Rayner after today
Or we could get him & relocate the club to Brissy.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

K wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:56 pm
Mr Miyagi wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:24 pm Hard pass on Cam Rayner after today
Or we could get him & relocate the club to Brissy.
Nah Geelong is where all the rampant salary cap rorting goes unnoticed. We could get Rayner, Petracca and Bailey Smith without trading out any of our players!
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Will Schultz trade help Freo get Shai Bolton? Maybe we just trade all our first round picks for the next decade to get Petracca and Bolton?
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

If it's coming down to Macrae Vs Hobbs, I'm not sure we need to make a move.

Question 1; Is Fin Macrae going to be a Collingwood player in 2025? I'm not sure if he's linked to other clubs, or if he could be a part of a trade. He is contracted.

Question 2; Is Hobbs better than Macrae? That's the big one. If we're unsure, or if the answer is no, then is it a waste of time thinking about this?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

IMO Hobbs is no better than Macrae. I think Hobbs has just had more opportunity than Macrae. I don’t know why we’re interested in him, doesn’t fit to me. Fin gets more of the ball and does more with it at VFL level IMO.

I’d rather persevere with Fin or trade him out for a pick in a bumper draft year.

Is Hobbs better than McInnes or Richards. Very different players but no again. Richards is a natural classy forward given half a chance. If he’s shopping good luck but I wouldn’t trade him for Hobbs.

Reef showed a lot as an intercept defender against the VFL Brions IMO, something we’d not seen before. He’s burst from packs, kicked goals, won centre clearances and had some exciting runs through the VFL middle this year. I’d persevere with Reef and not even consider a trade. Our Jeremy Howe replacement is already on our list. Give the kid some magpie love
Last edited by The Black and White Lion on Tue Aug 20, 2024 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

@12:00 Petracca trade option very limited
@ 8:50 Jack Lukosius would be a good fit for Collingwood

Gettable: https://www.afl.com.au/video/1201154/ge ... 4041959001
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Lukosius? Yes please! That'd be a huge get!
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Presti35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:48 pm Lukosius? Yes please! That'd be a huge get!
Has the talent but does he have the work ethic and desire ?
Is he a forward or back ?
Is he a wingman ?
He’s a great kick when he’s on but then when he’s off he looks like a VFL player
I’m torn on this one
If he came cheap in terms of trade value then I guess why not
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

GC could needs points for Lombard right if they trade early pick(s) for Rioli + another. Maybe we could bundle some later pics with points equivalent to a late first rounder. Not worth more than that based on performance. This could be Jeff Browne's tactic to rebuild on the run rather than draft an U18 KPF like the Whitlocks.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Joe Richards offered a 4 year deal at Port according to Mitch Cleary on the Tradies podcast
SLORT
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by SLORT »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:51 am Joe Richards offered a 4 year deal at Port according to Mitch Cleary on the Tradies podcast
Exciting times for Joe! Port only have #37 and 55. Doubt we'd get 37 (late round 2 worth 483 points) unless we also give up / get something else. More likely 55, (late round 3, worth 207) which would give us (as it stands) 32, 47, 50, and 55 (total value = 1380 points). Yeah, not exactly a good hand in this years draft. Problem is with only 7 games and 45 seconds of experience there is not really much of a case for either getting much more or for keeping him.