#29 Joe Richards

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

As someone else noted (apologies for forgetting who it was), he is one pre-season from being in our best 22. Tbh, he may already be in our best 23. It's amazing the difference between a good athlete and a natural footballer. He has silky skills, is a terrific decision-maker, and has even surprised me with his tackling ability, given his light frame.

Smokin' Joe is the real deal.
BazBoy
Been liked: 28 times

Post by BazBoy »

We may be scrapping our way to the finals but along the way we have Joe and Sully & a improved version of HH

Rejoice fans
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

^ this is a very fine observation...

Adding players into our best 23 from last year is 100% the key to going back-to-back...

Hopefully another gem will be added in the Mid Season draft this week..
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Welcome back, Joe!

"Second-year forward Joe Richards replaced McCreery in his first game back from a fractured metatarsal and made an instant impact with five of his six touches being score involvements."

(Gabelich, afl.com.au)
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

He'd start this week, just depends whether he takes Noble's role or Beau's. He can do either but I'd prefer him forward.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Re: #29 Joe Richards

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Port Adelaide are circling...

Unsigned Collingwood speedster Joe Richards reportedly has a four-year deal on the table from Port Adelaide, with the Magpies' mature-aged draftee needing to make a call on his future in the coming months.

https://www.zerohanger.com/magpies-vete ... sh-154270/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

^Joe and his management would be mad not to accept that deal. Best wishes Joe, I am not into signing him for 4 years.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Just do the trade in the first week of the trade period and move on.
If they’re offering him four years, then they rate him and they can compensate us accordingly.
You would ask for their late second rounder. There might be some argy bargy for a useless late pick that’s thrown in but ultimately that 2nd rounder would become an important domino that improves our draft or player trade hand.
Next !
Last edited by Pies2016 on Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

from Joe's point of view, it is a no brainer for him to take a 4 year contract over what we offer, if we are only offering 1 or 2 years. I can only assume we have our reasons not to match their offer, though i am not sure who the 'we' is, now that Wright has gone.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

I dont think I would be that disappointed if we lost Richards. The one thing we aren't short of is talented small forwards with Bobbie, Beau, Schultz, Harrison and others who could play that role. I think Richards is very talented but he is a small body that wont get a lot bigger. He has difficulty applying effective physical pressure, both when tackling and in packs, and is likely to remain an outside player for most of his career. I dont think his tank is that big either. If he takes the Port deal I would wish him well and hope we can drive a good favorable exchange for him.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I like both Harrison and Joe, I vote we keep Joe, put him on a decent contract.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

One thing I like about Joe is his footy IQ. Has the smarts to be a very good player. We let Ginnivan go hopefully the recruiting learnt something from this and we hang onto him.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.