2025 ~ All Australian Squad (Collingwood)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

2025 ~ All Australian Squad (Collingwood)

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Congrats to Nick and Darcy Cameron on making the AA squad

2024 AFL ALL-AUSTRALIAN SQUAD: Noah Anderson, Harris Andrews, Nick Blakey, Marcus Bontempelli, Andrew Brayshaw, Zak Butters, Darcy Cameron, Jeremy Cameron, Jordan Clark, Sam Collins, Patrick Cripps, Charlie Curnow, Nick Daicos, Bailey Dale, Massimo D’Ambrosio, Brent Daniels, Joe Daniher, Errol Gulden, Isaac Heeney, Jesse Hogan, Max Holmes, Jason Horne-Francis, Max Gawn, Dan Houston, Jeremy McGovern, Harry McKay, Zach Merrett, Dylan Moore, Lachie Neale, Cam Rayner, Luke Ryan, Caleb Serong, James Sicily, Jack Sinclair, Harry Sheezel, Tyson Stengle, Adam Treloar, Chad Warner, Jake Waterman, Jacob Weitering, Lachie Whitfield, Tristan Xerri, Hayden Young, Dayne Zorko.

Squad members by club
5 - Brisbane, Fremantle
4 - Carlton, Sydney
3 - Geelong, GWS, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs
2 - Collingwood, Gold Coast, North Melbourne, West Coast
1 - Essendon, Melbourne, St Kilda
0 - Adelaide, Richmond

Good to see former pie Treloar get recognition for his season at the Dogs
Interesting 3 ruckmen named and none are named Grundy
Hardly surprising though considering how poorly he’s played across the season
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: All Australian Squad

Post by The Black and White Lion »

^ love this for Darcy Cameron. the media have loved Gawn all year and Xerri of late. Boohoo for Grundy, I wish him well but his form really fell away like the Swans form. Who needs a first ruck though. Darcy has been good in the ruck and great around the ground particularly with his marking. I haven't seen enough of the other two's year to judge one above the other but neither of the trio listed in the AA squad are playing finals. But then Port are top 2 and haven't had a dominant ruck all year. I'm also not sure how 5 dockers feature in the AA Squad of 44.

The AA selectors may not go with 2 rucks this year based on the competition which is unfortunate for Darcy but he's been consistently in our best for the majority of the year and will do really well in the Copeland.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Yeah, the 5 Dockers players was a real WTF moment
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

eddiesmith wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:48 pm Yeah, the 5 Dockers players was a real WTF moment
Indeed, and the fact that they didn't make finals just shows how badly they underachieved.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Great to see Cameron's great season has been recognised. His marking is probably about the best in the league these days and his ruck work has improved dramatically.
I think therefore I think - I think