Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Newelly
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by Newelly »

lazzadesilva wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:03 am
lazzadesilva wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:02 am
LaurieHolden wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:01 am ^hang on, aren't we wanting to inject some youth, address our ageing list?
Grabbing another flag while the premiership clock is starting to fade is a great plan to make happen before embarking on a youth muster for future glory. Let’s have a serious crack and send our goat Pendles off with a big cerebration 🎉
Yep agree. Assuming the normal start to the season in late March 2025 we will have 8 weeks extra preseason this year which should help with prep for injury plagued players.
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

I feel like we want to get picks in the late teens/early 20s. So it'll be interesting to see if we can get this done. (Fin? Reef? Joe? Noble?)

A bit of small talk here and elsewhere about JDG, IQ, and Hill. Personally, I would not trade these guys and hopefully they're all here next season and beyond.

The talk a few months back about Mitchell reuniting with Clarko at North has gone away. I'd like to see Tom come back and play with us next year. It could depend on what the return is, and if we were adding some of these younger inside mids we've been linked to.

Allan is a keeper for sure. I have high hopes for him next season and beyond.

Ash I think will be swapped for Keane. Are all parties happy with this straight swap? If the Crows arent interested in Ash, do WCE/Freo have any interest? He is contracted to Collingwood for 2025.

I'll be interested to see the clubs plans for Krueger too. I dont think he holds much trade value, but he is an ok option to put in the forward line if we have injuries.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Newelly
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Newelly »

^
We definitely want to be on the lookout for a younger players and we have been linked to some. Re: JDG - he should benefit from 7-8 weeks extra pre-season. If Stringer did come to us he would be in a system that has played in 6 grand finals and won 2 since the Don's last played in a GF in 2001. It is not being arrogant to suggest we have a better system at present. Stringer won a flag back in 2016 but the hunger to win another could still be there and motivation increases if his fitness improves. We also have a better midfield than the Don's if Mitchell JDG and Daicos are all part of it. I think
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
SLORT
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by SLORT »

Presti35 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:10 pm Ash I think will be swapped for Keane. Are all parties happy with this straight swap? If the Crows arent interested in Ash, do WCE/Freo have any interest? He is contracted to Collingwood for 2025.
If Adelaide get Lukosius I doubt they'd bother with Ash. Port Adelaide are also a bit light on forwards, so if Richards is going there then we may be able to create a package deal? Gonna be a complex silly season that's for sure.
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

Yeah I think a straight swap Ash for Keane is an optimistic take. If we can get that done would be great, but not sure it’s realistic.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Forget about Stringer he isn’t the answer to any question we have
If we can land Peatling and either Hobbs or Davies it works two fold
Firstly we get that young big bodied mid we need.
Secondly with the return of Mitchell and the emergence of Allan this would allow us to play JDG more as a forward (and he’s at worst equally as dangerous as Stringer and younger)
Noble will get us either pick 20 or 26
Richard’s will get us a pick in the second round
I’m hearing Adelaide might be interested in Krueger as well. He won’t fetch loads but we might be able to do a pick upgrade. Send Krueger and pick either 48 and 50 to Crows get back 25
If we can some how end up with 4 second round picks we can bundle a few of them up (dealing with Suns or Lions who want draft points) and get back into the 1st round in what called a fairly deep draft without a absolute standout
We have options just depends on which pieces fall and how they fall really
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

If I were in Adelaide's shoes I'd be trying to trade with the lions to get Darcy Fort. Stuck behind Oscar there playing a bit part role, tearing it up all year in the VFL and can't get a game in the lions best 23. Reckon he would be number 1 ruck over O'Reilly at the Crows. If Lukosius ends up there too, where does Himmelberg then fit. If the crows want Kreuger also where does Himmelberg fit?

Some fascinating possibilities here but I reckon Kreuger showed his worth this year, particularly against Melbourne on KB when he was our only tall forward. If we were to trade Kreuger out I'm struggling to see how we could cover that 3rd tall option. It's not Ash. It's not Reef. It didn't look like Eyre. Looks a bit early for Smit. Unless we're getting overs for Kreuger, or at least an upgrade on our trade for him, I'd rather keep him as insurance. If a KPF option is coming back the other way like Himmelberg then there might be something more to think about. Kreuger does have the occasional X factor though, never seen that from Himmelberg.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

I want to know what Stringer would cost. Is he a DFA? A RFA? A normal FA? Is he signed up meaning a trade would have to take place?

If the cost was minimal, you take him. When he is having an on day, he is the man!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^
Stringer is contracted for 2025 which means we would need to trade for him.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Born to Pie
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

stui magpie wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:30 pm ^
According to Footy Wire, who are generally accurate, he is out of contract in 2024!
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Interest from the Swans per multiple sites including Fox and Afl
Buon Giorno
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Stringer is interesting
Older player and we need youth
Has made poor decisions in the past may be a POS as a person similar to JDG
40 goals a year yes please
Not a KPF what forward would he replace?
How much would he cost?
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Big T wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:03 pm Interest from the Swans per multiple sites including Fox and Afl
I just saw this on the AFL app. I wouldnt want to get into a bidding war over him. But as I said earlier, he is a match-winner and can be HUGE on his day. Of course we are looking for younger players, but if he was in any way interested in Collingwood, I'd be interested to see what trade it would take to get it done.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Presti35 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:29 pm I recall thinking to myself wouldn't it be great to get guys like Mac Andrew and Leek Aleer (Both after their game winning moments this year). SEN were talking about Aleer and seem to think clubs have circled him as a trade target.

Leek is 23yo, 194cm defender. But I could just be overhyped by him after his heroics against Geelong earlier in the year. Mac wont be going anywhere, but anyone that beats Essendon after the siren is welcome at Collingwood. :lol:

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/ ... Aleer.html
Just going back to this.

Its been revealed today that a Melbourne based club is planning a $12M move to get Mac Andrew. That is some coin.

So Aleer and Andrew could be available afterall?
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Born to Pie wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:47 pm
stui magpie wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:30 pm ^
According to Footy Wire, who are generally accurate, he is out of contract in 2024!
According to multiple other media, he hit a trigger so he has a contract for 2025 on around $400K and has been told he can either take that, try to renegotiate or try his chances elsewhere. Essendon are playing hardball with him, he wants to stay but could be got cheap for a 3 year contract.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.