#9 John Noble - requests a trade

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: #9 John Noble - requests a trade

Post by Culprit »

The silly season has started early, and Noble has suddenly improved immensely as a player. If we can get pick 20 or 26 even for a guy we picked up in a mid-year draft who is clearly outside our best 22 with a full list would be a solid outcome. It's time to take the emotion out of what transpires every year, this is a Professional Sport. Clubs make decisions based on needs and players do the same.

The trade period means you have to give something to get something. A few months ago I thought we had SFA to offer and all of a sudden we have Noble and Richards offering us some value.
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by piffdog »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:03 am
Johnson or McInnes haven’t let us know yet what there doing so keeping our powder dry on any Richard’s deal would be wiser we might be able to get a package deal going.
@qldmagpie67 Surely Johnson doesn't have to "let us know" anything given he's contracted? And surely WE have to let McInnes know our feelings?
The guy has to be either re-contracted, delisted or traded and all of those are moves the club has to make.
My gut feel is they have had the conversation and Reef knows personally where he's at - its just us on the outside who don't know...

I do agree that having maximum flexibility if we want to deal on Richards makes sense however.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

^^Johnson doesn't need to say anything as he's lucky to have a contract. Hopefully, a club pursues him and he gets a good deal elsewhere.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Nobes has been a dour, handy little player, fast, never gives up, a goer, I like him, but hes not irreplaceable , we did get him dirt cheap from the midseason draft.
He should have played in the GF, rather than brat Ginnivan, who did sweet F A in the GF.
Noble can be replaced, by likes of Harrison, Ed Allen, Richards etc . I wish him well.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Does anyone think Noble was testing the water? seeing if the pies actually wanted him? seeing what the coaches reaction was.. seeing if he just said "oh i guess if thats what u want, we will help with ur trade as best as we can"

Fly has publicly come out since the exit interview stating hes not letting Noble go... Is that just what he wanted to hear? what he needed to hear to stay? after the devastation of 2023?
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

I don’t think Nobes would be playing games - wants to go to GC due to his twin bro etc and is probably a little scarred from missing the flag side and also sees we are on the way down and he figures by the time we are in true contention again he will be passed by others. He needs to cash in now while he can and I say good luck to him.
Buon Giorno
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

piffdog wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:59 pm
inxs88 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:12 pm Hiding behind mental health and family are two of the great excuses in modern day footy.
Didn't say John had but as an industry, players and their Agents hide behind family and mental health vs true honesty on many occasions. Don't you think it's awfully coincidental that the day he has his exit interview citing family is the same day it's announced he has a 4-year deal with the Gold Coast. Obviously, the negotiating in July.

As for Mackie and Adrian "too many vowels in surname"... 110% they are and have both been negotiating tossers. Remember the hardball Mackie played out last year with Esava to Port and the year before Henry to Cats? They gt Bruhn in first for pick 12 from GWS and haggled till the last 5 mins on Henry.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Anyone who has worked interstate or overseas knows how hard it can be. These are young men who need to be managed in an expert manner to avoid wanting to go home in their mid 20s. It’s up to the clubs to make sure the people they want to stay, stay, and get the contracts right. Not the players.
Buon Giorno
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

inxs88 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:12 pm Hiding behind mental health and family are two of the great excuses in modern day footy.
Didn't say John had but as an industry, players and their Agents hide behind family and mental health vs true honesty on many occasions.
That's as much of a generalisation as the initial statement. A poor assessment on both fronts.
Wanting to be close to family shouldn't be a case for calling out ones character.
I wish him all the best.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

This trade ( assuming it occurs ) would be a win for both parties. The Suns won’t play hard ball in this trade. Historically they have been prepared to pay overs for any mature age player who chooses to pull up stumps and finish out their career up there. They generally have an over abundance of picks, so satisfying the trade won’t be a problem. It may include Davies or it may not but if Davies is part of it, we would get a sweetener thrown in.
For Noble, it’s a smart decision. Collingwood have a number of young general defenders coming through, so the pressure for his spot will only grow. By moving to the Suns, Noble is close to family, gains job security and possibly plays more senior footy in the coming years.
Any trade that could POTENTIALLY include the Suns current # 20 ( or maybe # 13 with us throwing something more in ) would be a wonderful outcome for the club. What the club choose to do with that pick forms another conversation entirely.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

LaurieHolden wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:57 am
Didn't say John had but as an industry, players and their Agents hide behind family and mental health vs true honesty on many occasions.
That's as much of a generalisation as the initial statement. A poor assessment on both fronts.
Wanting to be close to family shouldn't be a case for calling out ones character.
I wish him all the best.
Could assume any comment posted here would be met with a contrarian retort from yourself.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Pies2016 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:14 pmThe Suns won’t play hard ball in this trade.
Geez that is refreshing for once.

I just hope we dont bow down and can actually get what we want.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
The General
Has liked: 2 times

Post by The General »

Send Noble to GC along with our 2nd rounder and future first. In return they send us Matt Rowell. Win/win I say.

GC will shortly have an over supply of insider mids so why not help them out now and give them some draft picks they need for academy players (And Noble as well).
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

The club is going to find it pretty difficult to to get a top end pick without making the decision to offer up their future first rounder. Even if Noble was a straight swap for Suns pick 20, that pick will drift out to 24 / 25 on the night and we’re back into speculative territory for the rest of the U18 talent available.
The Suns have that many 2024 picks ( and that’s not including a possible Lukosuis trade ) they won’t be looking hard for more picks they don’t need or won’t use ( and that’s allowing for the Rioli and Noble trades )
We have two assets the Suns would want and that’s Noble and our future first rounder.
If Collingwood are keen on getting into the teens in this draft, we could look to offer up Noble and our F1 in return for their #13 ( likely 16 / 17 on the night ) and also their # 26 or the pick for the Lukosuis trade pick.
Out is Noble and our F1 and in is #13 and #26 or something similar. We could then turn that #26 into a best 23 player and also potentially go to the draft and select the second best U18 tall in the country ( Armstrong will likely be gone )
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Ask GC we want your pick 13 you get Noble plus what do you want
Depending on the Richards trade we could have a few second round picks with enough points for them to get Lombard
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum