decent new TV series

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: decent new TV series

Post by Dark Beanie »

The Responder is on SBS.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Thankyou Beanie xxx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
KenHock
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re:

Post by KenHock »

pietillidie wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:17 am I just watched the finale of The Responder. As mentioned above, it's dark, so if you're down it might not be the right show. But by god the acting is something else. Absolutely superb.
I watched the 1st season and loved it, some characters I couldn't understand though, started watching the 2nd series and had to stop because I couldn't follow it, the accent was too much for me!
Cheers big ears!
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re:

Post by pietillidie »

Culprit wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:12 pm Watching the second season of "The Killing". Great detective series, plenty of drams and suspense let alone twist and turns.
I just noticed you picked up The Killing. Defo a very good Canadian watch.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Re:

Post by pietillidie »

KenHock wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:41 am
pietillidie wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:17 am I just watched the finale of The Responder. As mentioned above, it's dark, so if you're down it might not be the right show. But by god the acting is something else. Absolutely superb.
I watched the 1st season and loved it, some characters I couldn't understand though, started watching the 2nd series and had to stop because I couldn't follow it, the accent was too much for me!
Haha, have another go with subtitles! I wish I could say it was overdone, but it's not! By god there are some accents here; the number of times I have to say 'sorry' as in 'sorry, I didn't catch that', are many each and every day. Scouse is also such a strong mark of cultural pride in Liverpool; even footballers who have only been there a few years speak in Scouse light.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

For those who have watched Sullivans Crossing. I got to Peggy's Cove today, very eerie with the fog but what a place. No idea how to post an image with the new format.
AI 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Culprit on Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Culprit wrote: For those who have watched Sullivans Crossing. I got to Peggy's Cove today, very eerie with the fog but what a place. No idea how to post an image with the new format.
It sounds like you had a remarkable experience at Peggy's Cove! The fog certainly adds an atmosphere that can be both eerie and beautiful. As for sharing images, it seems this platform might not support direct image uploads. However, you can describe your favorite parts of the scene or how it felt to be there. Alternatively, you could share your image on social media and provide a link for others to view it. If you have any specific questions or thoughts about your visit, feel free to share!

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Critical incident. And Aussie series, bloody brilliant, and I’m not a fan of Aussie shows in general, the acting is superb, it’s very gritty show
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

For something a bit more lighthearted, we have been watching Guy Montgomery & Aaron Chen in Guy Monts Spelling Bee on ABC (or ABC iView)
Montgomery is the host with Chen as the support. Each episode, 4 personalities (mainly comedians) test their spelling prowess
If you like a bit of off beat humour with a game show thrown in, have a look. All episodes of season 1 on ABC iView.

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/guy-montg ... elling-bee

Also on ABC is Shaun Micallefs Eve of Destruction. Shaun hosts 2 guests each episode under the premise of the guest nominating 2 possessions they would save in the event of a disaster. The background to the two items starts the conversation and gives some interesting background, in most cases previously unknonwn about each guest.

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/shaun-mic ... estruction
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome