Ex-Collingwood players still doing the playing rounds

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Ex-Collingwood players still doing the playing rounds

Post by K »

Presti35 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:48 am ... (Lions and Port have no ex-Pies?)
Sorta... Tyson Goldsack Port def. coach.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Presti35 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:48 amLions ... have no ex-Pies?
I think of Lachine Neale as ours - after all, we took back The Watercolour Painter to help them make salary cap room to buy Neale.

I also think of him as ours because I have a soft spot for any player who chokes as badly as he did in a Grand Final against Collingwood. There's nothing quite like a dual Brownlow-Medalist getting a chance to play on the game's biggest stage and turning on the 26th-best performance on the ground: Him and Hipwood - Collingwood's secret weapons. :D

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/norm-s ... 7ebe4bbbeb
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

It's Ollie Henry's turn to play for a premiership...

Ollie Henry returned from Bali a year ago, equal parts rapt, frustrated and determined. During his trip he'd watched the AFL grand final on TV and revelled in his old Collingwood teammates winning the flag...And if the Cats win their preliminary final, it will be Henry's turn to play for the premiership.

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/ ... llie-henry
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
David
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

^ He's the one I think I'd be most annoyed to see get a premiership medal. Still bitter about him walking away from us.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

^ interesting article.

"I was super-happy as well to see some of my friends accept the medal and fulfil their childhood dreams ... there was no resentment or jealousy, watching on from Bali".

And like everyone else, I was disappointed that he walked out. I mean, I get it, your brother is at Geelong, your from Geelong, you grew up supporting Geelong. But we needed him and still need him. Did he leave for better opportunity? When they had Hawkins and Cameron and we only had Mihocek.

At the time, I felt like he was jumping on to the Titanic. And that notion seemed even more right after Collingwood won the flag last year and he was not playing finals. But now he's in a PF. In a year where there's been no standout side and frankly, I believe, lucky to finish in the top 4 and very lucky to run into a Port side that outside of their midfield, has nothing and has no heart.

But Oli could, this year, be in the right place at the right time. We'll have to wait and see. But I'd rather any of the other remaining teams win it.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Michael Manteit (Southport) playing against Trent Bianco and Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs) in the VFL Prelim today.
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 14 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

Shout out to Ginni for giving Port that extra bit of motivation that allowed them to get over the line last night.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Presti35 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:48 amwhich former Pie will win a flag in 2024??
With Ginnivan out, that leaves Grundy/Adams (If Adams is selected), Keeffe, and Oli Henry. Keeffe (GWS) of course play tonight, but I'll be hoping they win.

Manteit will be playing in the VFL Grand Final.
SLORT
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by SLORT »

Strange universe we live in. Hamstring injury to Callum Mills opens door for Taylor. The way that his own injury last year closed it. Very odd. Hopefully they select him.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

^It’s a blessing then, he got the week off. Rest those legs for the next two weeks.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

thesoretoothsayer wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:38 pm Shout out to Ginni for giving Port that extra bit of motivation that allowed them to get over the line last night.
I wonder if Ginnivan has the balls to turn up to Mad Monday dressed as an airplane or Grundy #4 Swans guernsey or was is his disrespect just towards Fly and Collingwood?
- Side By Side -
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Brodie Holland just coached Maribyrnong Park Football Club to another premiership. Is that 3 he has at that level now? I know he didnt go well at VFL level when he was head coach of the Bullants, but could he be someone that could take up a coaching role somewhere in the ranks at Collingwood?
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Levi Greenwood BOG in Healsville 52 point Grand Final win
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Looks like Longmire has worked out that there’s a reason Collingwood wasn’t stupid enough to play Adams in the midfield last year.
David
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I wonder how many players have missed out in playing in premierships at two different clubs in successive seasons? Can’t imagine it’d be a long list.

Hopefully he can still make it into the 23 on grand final day if Sydney get through.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange