Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by LaurieHolden »

@piffdog 100/1 you're being generous... while I don't think I've given unders of sorts to anyone in that scenario, the likelihood of this playing out is remote at best.
Surely someone trumps a bid for Houston. All depends how good our pitch is to Houston to ensure we get all parties onto the conference call. Surely, he knows how toxic the Blouse will be next year after they get bundled out of the finals once again...and who's going to St.Kilda?!
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
SLORT
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by SLORT »

Shouldn't we instead be getting some draft capital ready for the following year as this will be when we have a cash windfall from our veterans retiring? Landing a big fish (or two) in areas we are showing a deficiency seems to me a better option than aiming for an outside defensive flanker. I mean would you prefer Chad Warner or Houston?

I'd rather see Parker and TJ (or even Ryan or Demattia) being given game time in our defensive half than bringing in Houston. I mean out of our current 4 medium starting defenders who does he replace? IQ, Maynard, Crisp, Howe / Pendlebury? Yeah, I just don't see the need.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^You don't pass on dual AA defenders for hope. Create certainty.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

SLORT wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:55 pm I mean out of our current 4 medium starting defenders who does he replace? IQ, Maynard, Crisp, Howe / Pendlebury? Yeah, I just don't see the need.
I agree with all you said, I think we can live without him.

But I am always wary of the logic, which reminds me of 'But we have Richardson, we don't need Lockett'. lol
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

SLORT wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:55 pmI mean out of our current 4 medium starting defenders who does he replace? IQ, Maynard, Crisp, Howe / Pendlebury? Yeah, I just don't see the need.
He perhaps releases IQ to the wing.