Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jamie is only 19
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

Post by Jamie is only 19 »

Agree about the all in point and yes have to ignore what others are getting to make it more palatable and somehow squeeze out pick 23 to find its way to us .
If I read it correctly Port are basically giving up Houston (maybe a couple of late picks as well ) and getting Lukosius, Richards ,Atkins and # 13 & #29 and a F3 ?
Smells like Pies Spirit
blakis

Post by blakis »

yeah, they're still working through some late pick trades to finalise the deal
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Jamie is only 19 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:49 pm Agree about the all in point and yes have to ignore what others are getting to make it more palatable and somehow squeeze out pick 23 to find its way to us .
If I read it correctly Port are basically giving up Houston (maybe a couple of late picks as well ) and getting Lukosius, Richards ,Atkins and # 13 & #29 and a F3 ?
Crikey, PA are the outright winners here
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Jamie is only 19 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:49 pm Agree about the all in point and yes have to ignore what others are getting to make it more palatable and somehow squeeze out pick 23 to find its way to us .
No. You are not reading it correctly. Port are giving up a FF for Lukosius (still pretty good!)
Jamie is only 19
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Jamie is only 19 »

Cant see any mention of that as yet but would make sense
Smells like Pies Spirit
SLORT
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by SLORT »

What time of day do they finish up? At this point, as it hasn't been officially stamped, looks like they're all gonna go away and sleep on it. Who knows what tomorrow morning will bring.
Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^^^
We need to see the final machinations but I read somewhere that Collingwood would likely be thrown a bone with a later pick or two.

FWIW - My idea of a “ fair “ trade for Houston was -
Out - Noble, F1, Richards
In - Houston, Suns # 29
We will need to see just what later picks ( if any ) are coming back to Collingwood on this deal.

And to be fair, once you’ve made that decision to go all in on another flag in 2025, then Collingwood were always going to rate his value higher ( on a needs basis ) and pay more than most other clubs. We also didn’t trade out for Perryman, so in the overall scheme of wins and losses, we would be in front. We also have delisted free agency to come.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Presti35 »

Im disappointed not to be getting Lord from this
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I was hoping we'd secure pick 23, as we really need to get something valuable from this year's draft, to maintain some balance between our immediate and longer term needs. Hopefully pick 29 will get us someone good, but we've clearly caved in a fair bit if we've settled for pick 29 instead.
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

RudeBoy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 5:48 pm I was hoping we'd secure pick 23, as we really need to get something valuable from this year's draft, to maintain some balance between our immediate and longer term needs. Hopefully pick 29 will get us someone good, but we've clearly caved in a fair bit if we've settled for pick 29 instead.
We declared we were aiming for another flag this year, that makes us prime targets for trade rape.

That's the game boys and girls, EVERY piece of merchandise is marketed at the price the buyer is willing to pay for it and a buyer in declared need is wide open.
SLORT
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by SLORT »

RudeBoy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 5:48 pm I was hoping we'd secure pick 23, as we really need to get something valuable from this year's draft, to maintain some balance between our immediate and longer term needs. Hopefully pick 29 will get us someone good, but we've clearly caved in a fair bit if we've settled for pick 29 instead.
Not what I read on the other thread. Port gets 23 and 29...
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

This tilts it away from us a bit (more…?)

Read on the AFL site we’re also giving up #36 and getting back #58!!
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I’m also reading Richards isn’t part of this deal but has been replaced with our pick # 36.
I guess we will all know more tomorrow
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
slangman
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

Unless I’ve misread earlier posts, it looks like we have given up a F1 for Houston and will receive two picks in the 50’s (probably fall to 40’s on the night) for Noble.

I would be bitterly disappointed if this was the deal.
- Side By Side -
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

My two bobs worth re the Noble deal.....Im expecting Collingwood to finish just in the eight next year...so it would turn into a pick 13 ish. ( so our F1 for Suns pick 13 is fairly squared off there )
So Noble for pick 29 is a fair bit unders...so I would expect a future third round pick to come back our way on top, to sure up the points for McGuane. Sounds fair

BTW has anyone got opinion on the Roos Curtis Taylor, because going by his AFL site bio he looks to have some x factor and he is walking for free...thanks in advance
Last edited by magpieazza on Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.