Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

Post by lazzadesilva »

RudeBoy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:02 pm Giving up a first and second round draft pick, plus 2 players, is not "nothing" P4S, but nevertheless, I reckon we've done well. One thing's for sure, we are on track for a top 4 finish next year...where we belong.
Nice to see a positive post on this subject. I’m very happy with this trade and will be happy as when we make the top 4 next season. I just don’t get how done Nicksters are not happy with getting Houston who is a bloody gun, and we will get a couple more tomorrow. To each their own but geez, get on planet Collingwood sometime 😳 Bring on next season and our success which I will celebrate with much joy 🤩
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Presti35
Has liked: 384 times
Been liked: 172 times

Post by Presti35 »

Less than 24 hours of trade period to go. We have some questions regarding positions on the list;

Signed for 2025 but possibly looking for other opportunities:
-Johnson
-Macrae

Uncontracted senior players for 2025:
-Kreuger
-McInnes

Uncontracted rookie listed players for 2025:
-Bytel
-Sullivan
-Eyre
-Dean
-Long

They'll be some possible delistings amongst the uncontracted group. And when I say possible, I mean definitely. So there's decisions to make here. The DFA's we've been linked to are Tomlinson, Hayes, and Membrey (All yet to be delisted, but are all uncontracted). I'm not sure how many spots we have on the list, maybe someone else has done the math? But we need to use three draft picks iirc.

One question I have is, can Reef/Krugs simply be moved to the rookie list, or do they need to be rookie drafted? I ask because I think both would be preferred options over some of the uncontracted rookies.

With under 24 hours to go in trades, I'm not sure we'll be involved again unless someone wants a shot at Ash/Fin, which seems unlikely.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

I also want to have a look at some of the trades still in limbo;

B Smith to Cats.
J Macrae to Saints.
Daniel to North.
Barrass to Hawks.
Parker to North.
Peatling to Crows.
Stringer to GWS.
Bolton to Freo.
Rioli to Tigers.

Laverde and Shiel are expected to stay with Dons, whilst Matt Kennedy also looks like staying at Blues. Oliver looks like he wont get to Cats either. Jacob Konstanty name has been thrown around, but are there any takers?

I wonder how many of these will be completed tomorrow? Most you'd think.

Lord aint coming over, but are we actually linked to Deven Robertson? How could we get this one done?
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Review of all trades from The Age

Houston, we have lift-off: Magpies all-in on flag tilt after landing All-Australian
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hou ... 5kigq.html
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Fox Trade news this evening have the dogs now chasing Kennedy as the only club who’ve come after him.

The Swans are being unrealistic mongrels yet again

If some clubs only need 2 draft picks, maybe we do too. We only took Demattia and TJ last year. Maybe one of those P50’s nets Robertson with potential doom for Sully Long and or Bytel. Could Brisbane accept AJ or Fin instead?

If we bring in another FWD or KB it’s doom for Kreuger and Eyre or Dean but the Membrey Hayes and Tomlinson options all just seem like similar VFL grade players to me. I’d back in our lot for 1 more year given they are all younger and our demographic is too old
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Does another club offer a better pick to steal Parker?
SLORT
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by SLORT »

Worth noting ~ Carlton only have 239 points available to get their Camporeale twins. This is probably why Kennedy's name is still being bandied about. It's going to be an interesting draft period with our picks still giving us potential relevance. Though unlikely, If neither have been bid on by our 52 (246 points value) then should we stick our toe in the water? Or should we help them out by handing them the points that they'll need? Feel like we've had the first case of ducks and drakes with the twins seemingly flying under the radar this year despite originally being named as high end prospects. They've also (funnily enough) yet to nominate the Boohoos as their preferred destination. Maybe Port will step in and stomp on the Blues for jerking them around with Houston? One can only hope.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Sounds like the blues may only need points for one of the twins anyway and the other would be lucky for a rookie spot. I’m not against the blues having to go into a points deficit and suffering next year. Actually that would be preferable wouldn’t it
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

^^ If we can get Kennedy for picks in the 50's, we do it. But he'd want to ask for the move here. And Carlton would have to be ok with it. But if the chance is there, we take it. I wouldn't hold my breath, but it'd be nice to get him.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1245154/bai ... adline-day

From this link; Hayes, Membrey and Tomlinson likely DFAs. Nothing new there. Konstanty could also be a DFA of interest for some. If things fall through for Parker, is that someone that could fill a depth role next year? Or a hard pass? Robertson is one I'd like to get, but not sure we have the picks. Same with Kennedy. Daniel was earlier linked, but looking like pick 25 is getting that done. And I hate to say it, but Stringer to GWS may fall through leaving him as a possible late inclusion for teams as Essendon desperately want away with him.

I hope we can get involved today as that would really elevate our confidence going into next year. Robertson or Kennedy for me, but also I'm just wrapped to get Houston and Perryman with a few DFAs on the way.
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by neil »

Am I right that NGA picks past 40 can be bid with next available pick?
If so Quaynor for a pick in the 50's is good value
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

We might pick up a DFA or two, hoping we get Hayes for depth.

And how’s Geelong offering pick 17 for Smith! Maybe they can throw in a farm and local business interests as a sweetener.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 159 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Is there another Brownlow Medallist that his club wants to dump out there for us? It's been a couple of years since we got one of those.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Hearing a Possible late trade could be that Bobby Hill going back to Freo for Pick 14

At the Moment I say take it with a Grain of Salt
I am Da Man
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

If Tigers are getting 6 and 23 for Rioli, and also 10 and 11 for Bolton... and we gave those two first rounders for Schultz... then I'd be very surprised to see Hill get traded for 14. Also, If they trade Bobby, as Terry Wallace would say "I'll Spew Up!"