The Faith photo exhibition.a feel good story.

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

jeff corfe

The Faith photo exhibition.a feel good story.

Post by jeff corfe »

A real good feel good story happened to one and all last thursday night and its one of them stories that should not go unheard.

For the last two seasons Paul Dunne has been lurking amongst the cheersquad on match days taking photogaphs at first we all were a bit suspicios of Paul but came to trust him and he has become everyones good friend thats the sort of guy Paul is he is a natures gentleman.

Paul finally sifted through hundreds possibly thousands of photographs and set up an exhibiton in smith street collngwood ( still showing till weeks end )

Framed and all in Black and White selling for some three hundred bucks to show you the work paul went to here is a listing of al photos in the gallery

From photograph number one to photograph 28 and titled

Lesley wizard cup
Painted faces
Shane
Dug out Victoria Park
Supplication
Didaks Goal Qualifying final 2003
Hair beads
Floggers
Voula
Matt
His Brothers frst game.....a lovely pic this one
Heather
In the rain Collingwood versus Hawthorn 2003
Flagbearer
Sherrin
Sheerins tatoo....i hate carlton :)
Grand final parade
Cheersquad Anzac day 2003
The banner
Collingwood versus Hawthorn 2003
The gold jacket
Grand final 2003..one of the saddest pics you will ever see
Light tower
Joffa
Half time Wizard cup 2003
Mick
Game over Collingwood versus Richmond 2003
Last on ground.

So as you can see a lot of work and thought went into the exhibiton last thusrday in a packed opening night in smith street and attended by Cheryl Critchly Herald Sun who we must add was very impressed.
Speeches were made by Lesley, Paul and think it was Pauls manager who also spoke, in confidence Paul mentioned how much it cost to get the whole thing up and running and lets just say it wasnt chicken feed stuff.

Eddie was also invited and attended and we must add only hours before that nights footy show..eddie rode in like John Wayne from the west and told the conregation saddle up this exhibiton and head for the lexus centre as the club had just purchased the whole collection for the lexus centre.

It was a remarkable story and everyone was on a real natural high and in a bad year as this one ( nothing has gone right) everyone feels as though the club should get a kick up the arse, this club is a good club and this is one story that will never be forgotten

Two things come to mind from season 2004

The hall of fame dinner honoring our greats

And the night the club bought every framed photograph honoring its cheersqaud from a photo exhibtion in smith street collingwood.

Good on ya Paul Dunne !!
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Well thank you tess

Lesleys speech was fantastic and... i dont go into general discussion much anymore infact hardly ever its all become too negative for me.

Being a cheerquad story and a fantastic one at that i though it was important to let everyone know, also we have two huge stories concerning the cheersquad in the comming weeks.

STAY TUNED !!!!!
Mick's My Favourite

Post by Mick's My Favourite »

Really good night, I enjoyed it totally.

Lesleys speech was great.

Really enjoying the cheersquad except blah blah blah...if you want to continue to shit stir others, do it by PM thanks LD for mods
See you in Freo.