Victoria Park - Your Stories?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Joel

Post by Joel »

Fantastic thread guys. Keep the stories comin'.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Us against the world - the way we loved it
That sums up Collingwood in 9 words. Thats the way it is, was and always will be. Pies forever!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Can everyone please check the Nick's Collingwood Page forum in regards to this thread.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

Thanks every one that posted your stories, for one that has never had the privilege of visiting Victoria Park, these stories can conjure up some unexpected deep emotions, the pain I feel knowing I will never visit VP when it is our home is real and something I will have to live with for the rest of my life, you may not understand it, but it is real I can assure you.
I will get to Victoria Park some day and walk with the ghosts of our past but I dare say it won't be the same.
so I thank every one of you for giving me a "feel" of the place, and if you have any more stories, I would ask if you could continue to share them, I for one really appreciate any time taken to post them.
Thanks from the bottom of my Black'n'White ticker.
Steve.
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

Cooldewd did u go to Northcote High?
cooldewd

Post by cooldewd »

Psychosis wrote:Cooldewd did u go to Northcote High?
No mate.

Fawkner High.

A school that had 50% Collingwood supporters and %50 Carrrrrrlton supporters.

Why is that mate?

The Dude
LeonSkyDiamonds

Post by LeonSkyDiamonds »

i was reading the Herald Sun and come across the statistics for Carlton at Princes Park.Their record was 960 games for 672 wins,273 losses and 15 draws.Can someone please tell me our record at Vic Park as i reckon it would be very similar if not slightly better than Carlton's.For the record,Carlton had an exact winning percentage of 70.I'd estimate Collingwood's winning percentage at Vic Park as being approximately 71-72%.Can anyone help me with this information?
cooldewd

Post by cooldewd »

Collingwoods winning percentage at Vic Park was easily the best of any club.

The Dude

P.S. I will see if I can dig up the stats.
LeonSkyDiamonds

Now that i think about it,i believe our winning % was ap-prox 77.I've got lots of Collingwood books so i think i'll have to get the duster out rather than being lazy.I'll have a look in the Collingwood Encyclopedia that i purchased from the club about 3 months ago.
LeonSkyDiamonds

In the Official Collingwood Encyclopedia i couldn't find the exact numbers but a paragraph on Vic Park says 'The Magpies won 75 % of their 910 games at Victoria Park,with this remarkable string of successes coming about with the assistance of the most vocal,passionate and feared army of supporters in the game'.Bloody grouse book,this is.
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

I think the exact figures (and a club by club breakdown) are in the book Collingwood at Vic Park, which i have somewhere at home, but more than likely will be unable to locate it.
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

foreigner

Post by foreigner »

Didakand JCloke named for Crow and Rowe. Just announced on SEN. Couldn't get what they said about Clement.

EDIT: Oops wrong thread. :oops:
Pies Forever
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

Lots of football memories, but a culinary one also stands out. I had the best pie I ever ate at Vic Park. Perfect crust, crispy on outside to give structural strength, but soft and moist on the bite thru. Filling was perfect eating temp, not too hot, not cold, just right, and sans grissle. mmmmmmmmmmmm
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

London Dave wrote:I had the best pie I ever ate at Vic Park. Perfect crust, crispy on outside to give structural strength, but soft and moist on the bite thru. Filling was perfect eating temp, not too hot, not cold, just right, and sans grissle. mmmmmmmmmmmm
Yep, sometimes you just fluke one that's in "the zone". Ah, the reminiscing... :cry:

Dyso