#19 Andrew Williams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Dale61 wrote:
Woey #02 wrote:That time Williams got Ko'd at Colonial against Sydney wrecked him. He just needs a go. Get off his back.
Actually, it was against Hawthorn. How do I know? I was calling that game in The Virtual Outer.
He also got one against the Swans. In the last term, Big Bad Bustling Barry Hall came along and concussed him in a marking contest.

From LSD:
Linda Pearce from the Age writes:

"Recruit Andrew Williams is given a reasonable chance of playing against Port, despite being concussed against Sydney on Saturday night"

You'd hope he'd be right against Port in a few weeks wouldn't you?
http://p074.ezboard.com/ftheouterfrm60. ... 21&stop=40
Clokey

Post by Clokey »

Yeah Williams is awesome.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Oh geez. I bet when Gavin Brown was crunched all those times, he needed as much time as Williams to get over it. Pffft! (note: I was being sarcastic).

What an excuse.
magpie meg

Post by magpie meg »

i remember when willow got knocked out against sydney, we thought he was dead!!
And the dawks game, he had to go to hospital with broken ribs, poor bugger, i believe that he is a confidence player and considering that he doesnt have a lot of that he should become a career vfl player, his kicking at goal is shocking, but i do feel for the bloke, but please i would like him a hell of a lot more if he would just get of our list!!!!!
Partyn & the pies is there nemore to life???
d9 tank

Post by d9 tank »

I can't see how he could be retained. He isn't contracted and hasn't shown any promise in over 39 consecutive games now.

I held great hopes for him to make a comeback at the beggining of this season, but he looked slow, unfit and soft all year.

I just cannot see how he could physically be offered another contract on that form, while a kid would be getting cut in his place. Just doesn't make any sense.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

you blokes who want Willo retained have NO CLUE about footy.
Clokey

Post by Clokey »

All hail Daniel, god of football!
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

d9 tank wrote:I can't see how he could be retained. He isn't contracted and hasn't shown any promise in over 39 consecutive games now.
So D9, Willo has played the last 39 games in a row has he? This is what consecutive means.

If so, maybe it was a different Andrew Williams that played for Williamstown this year!
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
labrooy

Re: ....

Post by labrooy »

Daniel wrote:you blokes who want Willo retained have NO CLUE about footy.
Why don't you tell us all you know about footy... I need a good laugh!!
d9 tank

Post by d9 tank »

Dale, I obviously at Williamstown and at Collingwood... consecutively shown nothing in both sides, for the best bit of two seasons.

Unless theres another shithouse Andrew Williams in the league I'm pretty sure I've got the right bloke.
Cakewalk

Post by Cakewalk »

Uber dud , priority delisting.
"Are you an angry man? Are you envious? Do you get envious? I have competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. At times, I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. "
Daks

Post by Daks »

Geez. You guys are nice. :roll:. Sure Willo might not be the best player on our list, but he still wears the black and white so he deserves our respect. We can't go around hating our own players. Do we really wanna be like Essendon fans constantly bagging one of their own? NO. Willo has had one bad year, that's it after showing alot of primise last year. If the guy is retained, don't create an uproar - wait and see how he performs next year. He'll come good.
Cotta

Post by Cotta »

"Sure Willo might not be the best player on our list, but he still wears the black and white so he deserves our respect."

What is our club, a charity?

We'd be much better off showing him the door and giving his spot to a kid who has some promise, because lets face it williams isn't going to win us a flag. He played 2 or 3 pretty good games at the start of 2003, but thats a bloody long time ago in a football sense and hasn't done jack since.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Daks, no one is knocking him, saying that he is a bad bloke. Similar to what Cotta said, we are not a charity. Good luck to Willo, but let's not BS here, he is soft, and is no longer needed at the club. I'm sorry, but let's not kid ourselves.

Willo has played shit since about Rd 3 last year. Again, let's not kid ourselves. The only games he showed promise in was the Wizzer games, and that's it. That's not good enough.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

More gun shy than a rabbit at a rifle range.

Got the distinct look of a Bathurst Kangaroo caught in the headlights.