The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

i_luv_eminem "CAROLINE GET UR HEAD OUT OF UR ASS" I think you'll find it's the best spot for it to be, what with all the crap she speaks!
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
joffa_the_man_in_gold

Post by joffa_the_man_in_gold »

carro is sexy :arrow: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :o :lol:
Collingwood today, Collingwood tomorrow,Collingwood forever... we'll always do things the collingwood way... side by side we stick together to uphold the greatest name in football.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
annewilo

Post by annewilo »

annewilo wrote:As I have mentioned b4 on this subject, I went to school with Caro, and whilst she does not look good in pj's at the school camp, she does have a good head for controversy. Can't you all see and get it, this is what they do for a living, they are paid to incite Collingwood supporters. As I always say to the opposition, just look at the scoreboard.
In fairness, Caro has a very deep lineage in her family in football, so I think she kinda has an understanding and knowledge. This idea that men are the only ones who can comment, because they have played the game is nonsense.
My friend cant sing a note of music, but knows that she likes Oasis and Nirvana, does this then mean she can't appreciate music?

Anyway, that my soap box for the day, off to Hyde Park to preach to the minions.
The Knights of Abbotsford
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

This crap about having had to play the game (at any level) to write about it is just that, utter bloody bullshit!! How many male gynaecologists have given birth before they treat a pregnant lady or help give birth to a kid?
I haven't really played that much Aussie rules but that doesn't stop me from either supporting Collingwood or writing about the game I just saw!!

Pure rubbish!

Lazza
Blanch

Post by Blanch »

Well I happen to agree with Malty. Any sport played at the elite level has a difference about it. It requires a different understanding and if you haven't played at an elite level then I don't think you would understand. I don't see it as a disrespect or an elitism (even though it may appear that way). I see it as a fact.

I'm not having a go and anyone personally, I'm just stating that those who've never played or been involved in a sport at the elite level cannot comprehend it.
My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Greg J

Post by Greg J »

This woman appears to have no idea on the history of her profession, that is, sport journalism. She should not confuse herself with a real journalist. I do not care what she studied, what her job title is, a sports journalist is not the real thing. Her job is to write copy that sells newspapers. That has been the sole purpose of the sports section since the halycon days of the penny press, in the era of the Gangs of New York.

To be brutally honest the sports section is merely a hook. It started in the gutter press, and the only reason it made it to the broadsheets, was to boost their sagging circulation.

What a load of elitist crap she sprouted. Hinting at some divine right she has as an annoited journalist, to spew forth her garbage, without anyone pointing out the fact that she has not played the game.

And if you read the quote from the MM at the start of her article, it quite plainly says that people who played the game at that level, for a certain time all share a bond. Which sort of brings me to question this alleged journalist's comprehension skills. The quote was undeniably a fact. It is pretty simple really, to share a bond you have to have a nexus, a connection. For example, it is pretty hard to share a mother - son bond, when you are a motherless whore. Similarly it is hard to share a player bond when you are not a player.

While I would like to agree with her, that the 40,000 people that were there on Friday night own the game, I think that is highly delusional on her part. It ignores the fact that if both those team make it to the grand final most of those 40,000 will not be able to get tickets. Instead they will go to the sponsors who in this day and age own the game by providing most of the discretionary funding.

By the way, when was the last time a sports journalist paid to see a game? I do not know how being one of the benefactors of the growing freebie list (in size and controversy) gives someone part ownership of the game.

Now I am certainly not saying that anyone can not have an opinion (as opposed to her). I am not saying that the opinion can not be in a newspaper. But I stop short of calling the biased crap she writes as journalism.
Last edited by Greg J on Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scooby Doo says "I've been to Lexus too."
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

great post greg .........
The only way to discover the limits of the possible, is to go beyond them, to the impossible.
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies

Post by Go_The_Mighty_Magpies »

GRRRR I HATE CARO
There is just one team we favour...
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I didn't think people still took her seriously, she's okay most times, she has to have something to write about. It's not Collingwood's fault she is obsessed with them.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

She is still pissed off we have the Clokes. :P
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

Joffa, you crack me up!!!!!! Good on you for sticking to ya guns!
burnsy17

Caroline Wilson - How can you expect to be taken seriously?

Post by burnsy17 »

Yes, she's done it again, Pies to finish 15th according to the chief football writer at The Age...

How can she possibly believe that one of only Hawthorn, Richmond, Doggies and Crows will have a worse season than the Pies...??

hhhhmmm.... un-biased journalism from the head of footy at one of Melbournes major print media.... me thinks not...!!!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Cannibal

Post by Cannibal »

She picked Hawthorn to finish 16th, Richmond to finish 11th.
Glory Glory Good Old Collingwood, Glory Glory Hallelujah,
Collingwood's The Greatest Team The World Has Ever Seen,
And The 'Pies Go Marching On (in Black and White Stripes Forever!).
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

Do you think she's 'in bed' with Walls :evil:
BHPIE

Post by BHPIE »

More crap from the token woman ,and she isnt taken seriously.