The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Are you taken?
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

I mean, don't get me wrong - i love it when we're the underdog - But 15th is just rediculous :roll:

Has Robert Walls had a go at it ??
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Her points are quite valid and she is not the only one to say we will fail in 2005.

How do you get attention in the media? You talk about Collingwood.
skaman
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

15th....geeeeez.Cant wait to rub her nose in it. She's not on drugs is she?
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
spoljar

Post by spoljar »

She's about the only person that can come up with shit like that and not be on drugs. Hate to think where she would have us if she was on drugs. Perhaps relegated to the VFL?
Nath

Post by Nath »

I have little respect for her opinion, not because she's a woman and never played the game, as I know plenty of women who have a fantastic insight into football, but she is a seriously deluded soul.

I admit, we don't have the best list.
I admit we don't have an extremely quick midfield.
I admit that we have played to the lower end of expectations in the past year.
I admit that we haven't recruited 'overly' well in the off season.

However,

Last year on a constant basis we had 5 of our top 15 missing almost for the entire second half of the season. That is 33.3% of your nucleus, the spine, the guts, the glue. Without them, any team struggles.

Some media commentators get it, Dermott Brereton understands it, Garry Lyonb understands it, Brian Taylor understands it....for crying out loud, Doug Hawkins would understand it. But people like Caro and Wallsy isolate Collingwood for one reason.......we sell papers. Having the Crows at 16th doesn't sell your paper. Having 'the might of the pies at 16th' does.....and the sooner people understand that Caroline Wilson is about selling newspapers as much as Eddie McGuire is about ratings and ignore the dribble that flows freely from her PC, we will all be better off for the experience.
deck

Post by deck »

Who even bothers reading what she writes. She wrote a article saying crowd were down even though the facts showed crowds were on the up. She also wrote that stkilda were unhappy that they weren't told a game against essendon was shown live in melbourne when they had there runner mic'd up by 9. She claimed they said they wouldn't have gone through with it even though all games are beemed live into the coaches box at the ground even if the game isn't live on TV.
My brains alco hostile like the gaza strip.
stik35

Post by stik35 »

I'll be attending a breakfast in a few weeks for "The (AFL) League of extraordinary gentlewomen" where Caroline Wilson is one of the speakers, along with Sally Capp, Beverley O'Connor and Jill Lindsay.

I think it will be extremely interesting to hear what these women and Caroline Wilson have to say.

(Pity MMF is no longer here)
If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Beverly is a great speaker as is Jill. You will enjoy the breakfast.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Caroline writes how she feels and perceives. I like her. If you are someone who doesn't think we can finish 15th... well... enjoy your world, it's a nice place to live.
Last edited by Cam on Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get back on top.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Geez Cam your so such a Sceptic. :P
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

She's hardly the only one who thinks we are not much good. She's also hardly the only one that hates Collingwood. That's in her blood. The truth is though we could go either way this year. We lack depth and even our best lineup lacks pace and disposal class. At our best we can and have beaten everyone. Right now we are reliant on improvement from blokes who should have improved a lot more last year but didn't. That is largely why we stunk last year, why our depth is seen as non existent and why we aren't rated this year. Unless Lonie, Cole, Didak, Fraser and Davis really step up this year we will struggle for a few years to come. Guys like Cam, Richards, Maxwell and Rowe probably have another year to make a leap. All in all we are solely reliant on development of some 1999 and later drafted players and this really is the crunch time.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Good points MarkT, many forget the basics.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

QUOTE: I admit that we haven't recruited 'overly' well in the off season.

Don't people rate Morrison & Carracella?? :shock:

We definately need that Class of '99 group to lift this year no doubt and the usual suspects have to have a great year - But, i think these 2 senior pick ups are under rated by many. They will add a little class & composure to both ends of the ground,..... that perhaps we've missed?

I'm really looking forward to seeing a full strength squad on the park this year. If we get back to that fast moving rebound footy it could be very exciting. Then, if we did make the finals, look at the experience (& youth) we'll have at our disposal.

15th??,...PPpfffftttt
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Cam: enjoy your world, it's a nice place to live.
aahhhhh,......... Earth :shock:

Do you also think that Robert Walls is a football genius?? :roll:
Last edited by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR on Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.