Vale / in Memorium

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

Johnson#26 wrote:Reports in the paper today sound like the funeral was a very sad occasion.
I've never been to a funeral that WASN'T a very sad occasion.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
Northern Pie

VALE - Graham Kennedy

Post by Northern Pie »

Early this morning Australia's funniest man ever and winner of 19 logies passes away in a nursing home at Bowral. If you are old enough to remember this wonderful Australian or if you caught any of the countless specials that have been shown, showcasing this mans incredible talent and not laughed at his comic genius then quite frankly check yourself into the morgue!!

For what it's worth I send my condolances to his family and all who loved this bloke..Graham when ya get to heaven may god himself vindicate your crow call!!!

I know it isn't football related but I just did not want this topic to just hang around in the Vic Park Tavern.

Cheers
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Who could forget our magnificent ex-President Ted Parker, who so generously wrote a personal cheque for $10K to ensure that we could secure the great Geoff Hayward in our Premiership year.

As I recall he saw every one of our matches from the age of 6 from his place on the terrace below the Ryder Stand. His company Parker's Pies were one of our great sponsors for many years too.

Unfortunately he left the club in disgrace after slapping a stripper on the night of our club Ball.

It was a shame that when we finally prevailled in the GF against Fitzroy he was forced to watch it on TV.

The King is dead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Damien on Thu May 26, 2005 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

RIP. :(
colt

Post by colt »

I grew up watching this man on television. He was a true legend and in most instances his humour was "way ahead of his time".

It's a very sad day for Australia :cry:
Last edited by colt on Wed May 25, 2005 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Earth Shattering Kaboom"

http://www.eastburwoodfc.com
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Sadly Missed RIP Graham Kennedy - Shattered to hear the news, a man way ahead of his time, and not many will ever catch him.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
blackandwhite4life

Post by blackandwhite4life »

Will go and hire a copy of 'The Club' this week in memory. Great movie and bloody funny man.

Grew up watching Blankety Blanks, he was brilliant.
Hearing the 'Black & White Army' roar is the greatest sound in the world.
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

jonno do you even know who he is at age 14 i hardly knew. I also am too young to appreciate his work but have seen countless dvd's of him and bert and the guy was hilarious. That sort of humour has never been replicated and would probably be not allowed in todays age. As i said, i dont remmeber wathcing his shows but i do appreciate his contribution to television and applaud him
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
Dr Alf Andrews

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

F a r k !

F a r k !

That's f a r king sad news.

Very talented man. Very funny man. Great comedian. Great actor. Great all-round entertainer.
President Ted Parker

Post by President Ted Parker »

Many people forget that Kennedy was not only one of the pioneers of Australian TV but a fine film actor. His role as Ted Parker in Bruce Bereford's 1980 film The Club proves just what a versatile and massive talent he was. If anyone gets the opportunity to watch him in his prime in Don's Party (1976) then you will just understand how brilliant he was.

RIP Graham Kennedy. :(
I should have never been sacked as the president of the Collingwood Football Club.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

I was waiting to hear from you PTP.

loved that bit in 'The Club' when he was telling Laurie how he remembered his first game and mimicked his blind turn and goal in front of the Ryder Stand.

Blankety Blanks what a friggin' funny show that was - his interaction with Ugly Dave Gray and Noeline Brown was priceless. Biggest lapels you ever did see on TV too.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

Pity he actually barracked for St Kilda.

I grew up in the Kennedy era, and my mother telling me all the time that she went to school with him and how he lived with his Grandmother in Balaclava.

Heard Pete SMith telling a lovely story this morning on MMM about Kennedy. He took his first pay packet home to his Grandmother, and she opened it up and said.....THere's too much there, take some back!

RIP Gra Gra, there'll never be another one like you.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
skaman
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

Peter the phantom puller, has finally taken our beloved Gra Gra from our earthly presence. However the comic genius we all cherrish and love, will be imbedded in our memories and thoughts forever.The King is dead. Rest in peace Gra Gra.
Havn't heard from Bert yet? I'm sure he is preparing something special and fitting.
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

DaVe86 wrote:jonno do you even know who he is at age 14
Sure do. Heard plenty about him.
Greg J

Post by Greg J »

Last edited by Greg J on Wed May 25, 2005 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scooby Doo says "I've been to Lexus too."