Work Experience

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RitchieColeRocks

Work Experience

Post by RitchieColeRocks »

Hey Guys,
Has anyone here looked into gaining work experience at the CFC before? I'm a HUGE sports fan and I am studying "Sports Coaching" with a minor is Sports Man at Uni. SOOO getting some work experience in such a well renowned club would be AWESOME!

I mean I severly doubt the likelyhood but :)

Cheers Guys
"Carn the Pies"
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies

Post by Go_The_Mighty_Magpies »

I've heard for high school students it's hard, but for a uni student they might consider it more seriously.. Give it a shot, you can only try.
There is just one team we favour...
-

Post by - »

yeh my freinds tryed getting in at lexuis last year but they couldnt coz they were high school studetns but i also reckan give it a try you don't know what can happen!
LuV aLWayS N 4 eVa
eZza
xXx
RitchieColeRocks

who did they call? I am a uni student and I am studying sports coaching so... I mean I could try another sport but I thought I'd learn more if it actually interested me.
"Carn the Pies"
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

Call the club and ask who you could call / email about it.

Also, if you have anything particular you're interested in tell then about that - You'll probably find that the administrative people will be less likely to help you than the people you would want to hang around with - not baging the admin but if there's no structure in place for work experience then they can't help you, but somone higher up might be able to help you a bit more. Call them and see.

- Ben
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

Why not PM the president on here mate...we have been winning so who knows he might be in a generous mood :)

Cheers
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

Northern Pie wrote:Why not PM the president on here mate...we have been winning so who knows he might be in a generous mood :)

Cheers
he doesn't appear to read pm's from here.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

and don't expect a response when you ring the club........i rang the main number it rang for ages and ages and ages (i'm not talking 30 seconds here) and when i said, wow, didn't think anyone was there, the greeting i got was..... 'I'm very busy'

What? we dont have busy lives? I wasn't ringing Telstra ya know!

And then she just dumped me wherever she could, and now i'll just wait and see if this person she dumped me on, contacts me.

I mean, they haven't responded to my email of 31st of May as yet so i'm not holding my breath!

Good old collingwood forever????

***Update: Nice girl at CFC called me back and is now looking into my query.***

****Further update: Anthony Trainor called me back, but i wasn't here*****
Last edited by Proud Pies on Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RitchieColeRocks

that's the issue i am having. you ring the club you get no where. EVER!

I am not sure what field I would want to work in. Probably just have a look at different coaching technique's because I am very interested as to how a professional club conducts themselves but as if they'd let me into that. so I thought oh yeah... have a look at the managment stuff but :(
"Carn the Pies"
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

Well, Swanny is now in charge of the Football Department.......ask to be put through to him!
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Yeah Dane has been fantastic on the phone during the week and better at Half Back on the weekend!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

3rd degree wrote:Yeah Dane has been fantastic on the phone during the week and better at Half Back on the weekend!
hahahahah
Prynny_22

Post by Prynny_22 »

my sister did work experience for collingwood...well kinda, it was with the in schools thing, wer they go do drills n stuff at the primary schools. It was for her tafe course.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Just give the club a call and see what goes from there...
Presti_is_god

Post by Presti_is_god »

I've heard of some people getting work experience at clubs. Only through friends/family at the club though.