where we stand

For discussion regarding Nick's Collingwood Page

Moderators: Joel, DaVe86, bbmods

Mike
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Mike »

I actually borrowed the legend sentence from someone else Steve, but it fits you so well that I had no hesitation using it.

'Growth from crisis' 'no gain without pain' etc. There are lots of trite truisms that cover it, but in this case I think that they are very accurate.

Skaman, I have a bit of a collection, I can't seem to sell old bikes. I'm actually without a car because I needed(!) the money for another bike and couldn't decide which old bike I should get rid of - with age comes maturity and responsibility :)... and no kids. A couple of beemer boxers (r850r and r1100s) for touring 2 up or cruising in the sunshine on tassie twisties and my cobweb clearer is an aging blackbird that I love with a passion. It's not actually capable of 300k but I haven't managed to prove that to myself yet. I really like the ZZRs, I've been tempted a couple of times.
skaman
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by skaman »

Nice Mike, there all good. Thanks again for your input.
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
Eunos

Post by Eunos »

Mike wrote;
I actually borrowed the legend sentence from someone else Steve
Ah...plagerism........

Now putting 2+2 together and seeing as there has been some plagiarism plaguing the boards, I have come to a conclusion...........

Mike is Dreamer!!!!!

Well, maybe not.....
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by David »

Has advertising been considered, or is that out of the question? I mean none of us wants to see a big pokies banner up the top of the bulletin board, but it might be a small sacrifice to pay for the continuation of the website.....
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Good to see you are staying, Steve, it wouldn't be the same without you mate, I hope to be able to add more articles to the site soon.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Steve, I know how the frustration can build up, but after visiting
http://www.fukitol.com/, I feel so much better.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Joel

Post by Joel »

David from Canberra wrote:Has advertising been considered, or is that out of the question? I mean none of us wants to see a big pokies banner up the top of the bulletin board, but it might be a small sacrifice to pay for the continuation of the website.....
David,

There is minor advertising on the site already - for magpies.net email address, and for sportdelivered videos (where a small portion goes towards the cost of running Nick's). Apart from that, I think we try to avoid advertising it isn't really something that we want on the site. I think we'd prefer more content - and advertising can ruin a site.

It would be great if people could use those methods to help out, plus the 'Donate' button at the top...and/or help out on the site.
Euge

Steve

Post by Euge »

Steve

I have always derived enormous pleasure from Nick's, even if I do not get the chance to visit as often as I would like.

Keep up the good work. I can tell you that being associated with the greatest club on earth can take its toll (often at a personal level).

Thanks for all your hard work and years of dedicated service. Hopefully, the break will see you come back refreshed and re-invigorated (like our team!!).

Eugene Arocca
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

Steve (Mad), as you say you are not chasing any accolades or recognition, but you do deserve it. That's the problem with a lot of us taking things for granted. As the above post by Eugene testifies there are a lot of us that get enormous satisfaction from this website and those that do the work deserve the appreciation of many.

Trust me when I say that although it is not often stated (never?) we do appreciate it.

And by the way, Thanks.
Go Pies!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Just to clarify, this thread is not just about Nick's Bulletin Board, but the website as a greater whole, particularly the website - http://nick.magpies.net - and the rest of www.magpies.net

I'm sure most people realise this, but the bulletin board is part of a broader website.
Mountains Magpie

Post by Mountains Magpie »

Top post Steve. If there's one thing I have a fair bit of at the moment, it's time. I'm certainly willing to put my hand up to help out. Enjoy your break and please feel free to contact me when you return.

Cheers
Spiral progress, unstoppable,
exhausted sources replaced by perversion
35forever

Post by 35forever »

Wow, that was exhausting. I'm a relative newcomer with very little idea of the ins and outs of the site and more importantly the amount of work some people do.

The work you guys do is not unappreciated, but isnt shown often enough, at the very least we need to hit that 'donate' button more often.
I don't want to be a legend I just want Nick's to last forever
That is exactly what makes legends, putting in the work without need for praise or 'ego polishing', but simply for the love of the club. Enjoy that holiday dude, lets hope not too many fish spoil your relaxation by eating your bait!

Now I need a lie down, and all I did was read it!

Time to watch Sydney bite the dust!
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Hogiebbear

Post by Hogiebbear »

To all that are involved with this website thanks.

No other way to say it then THANKS.

At the moment I cannot contribute financially, but if I can help in any way please let me know.

This is a great community and I hope that everyone can see the benefits of this community.

P.S. It is not just an empty promise, if you need any help with stuff let me know. I have just finished my major project for an mechanical engineering degree (a couple of weeks early mind you!) and can offer help if required.

Hope you catch somethin :)
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

In all honesty, i think we should put an ad at the top of the page.

As users im sure we can understand that its better to have the site go some way to pay for itself then to rely on the generousity of a select few.

It would be great if it could be an advertisement for something to do with Collingwood/football/sport ie. Collingwood store items, AFL.com site, Collingwood memberships, whatever. However even if that is not viable, i'm sure we can all ignore some stupid ad if it will help keep this great site alive.

We could even ask Ed whether Emirates would be willing to put in if we put a small logo or something on the pages? Because when you think of it, the money required to keep Magpies.net going would be miniscule compared to what they are paying the club as a whole, and it's great for public opinion etc.

Either way, thanks for the time and effort Mike, Steve, and all the Mods who make this site (not to mention the broader site) so great.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »