Spring Carnival??

If you want to be able to chat about the really interesting stuff in footy without being hassled by the guys - do it here!

Moderators: Hanskies, foxychick

pie_girl_18

Spring Carnival??

Post by pie_girl_18 »

Hi girls,
Just wondering if anyone is heading off to the races in the next few weeks? I am going to Oaks (Blokes) day on the Thursday after Cup day & most likely the Saturday after which is best known as family day. Anyone got any hot tips for me? I usually just follow one jockey throughout the whole week but not sure who to go with this year.
tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

I'm probably goin to a few of the country meets. My Dad carts for Darren Weir (if anyone no's him, he's a trainer) so he goes to the Melbourne races a bit, he was talking to Crawf the other day coz they were in the stalls next to eachother. Dad loves him, they talked for like an hour and a half, just about horses.

I love the races, we have shares in horses so its fun, we've just gotta find a good horse. My uncles a trainer and my Dads got a horse transport business so i've got a bit of racing bred into me
~Madness~

Post by ~Madness~ »

Yep...ill be there with bells on...been to the Caulfield races and now the Plate today...then im off on a week on the sunshine coast so wont get to Derby day, thats my usual flemington race...but this year have a marquee in the car park on oaks day for a friends 40th...ummm i think...hmmm better check to see if that is still on...

Yep knows of Darren Weir...wonder if he is related to the ones that used to live in Birchip...hmmm

Have a good carnival all
"whaaa whaaaaaa!
magpie meg

Post by magpie meg »

well i went to the yarra glen races on cup days - had a blast - entered fashion on the fields as a joke and made the final, lol, actually pretty good 15 odd girls out of about 120!!!
And a photo for the paper - go me, lol.
Also made a profit on the horses (3 out of my 4 horses won!!!!)

Also headed to oaks yesterday and had a blast i did however not make a cent at oaks which sucked. Infact the entire day would have cost me at least $400 - with the outfit, food, grog, entry, and the hair - look out im now a blonde :D
Partyn & the pies is there nemore to life???
tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

shit thats a pricey day, i guess outfit included its kinda reasonable. I went to the Kyneton Cup won $40 but i got sunburnt, good day out though
~Madness~

Post by ~Madness~ »

went to the oaks...in the Nursery Car park...had a blast...got home at 2am the next day...hmmmm...what was i thinking...oh yeh...i remember...*winks*

I had a big day on the punt...just kept backing the shorties...

my quote "odds on - MORE on"

my friends quote "odds on - look on"

hehehehe
"whaaa whaaaaaa!