When I was a little girl I wanted to be....

If you want to be able to chat about the really interesting stuff in footy without being hassled by the guys - do it here!

Moderators: Hanskies, foxychick

tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

Hey Carla, if I was wishing to follow your footsteps, do you have any reccomendations on where i should do work experience?
carlabuckley_05

Post by carlabuckley_05 »

im guessing you're in year 10?
i wouldn't recommend going to a sporting club/the AFL/anything that has to do with what you really want to do when you're finished school because....

work experience is generally not a pleasant experience...im basing this on my experiences anyway...(i've done work experience 3 times...don't ask me why) and i hated every minute of it
it's usually boring and they put you in places where people do the boring-est part of that job and you don't get a real insight into that field

i did work experience with I.T people because i wanted to go in the I.T field but instead while i was there, i was completely turned off and never wanted to see a computer again.....EVER

so to avoid doing what i did...just go anywhere but be sure that sports admin is what you want to do when you leave school

however...if you get work experience at the lexus centre...that's a different story..i could stare at a wall there and never be turned off 8)
im excited by dale thomas... even if you're not ...
Nutmeg

Post by Nutmeg »

YIPPEEE

don't mean to gloat on anyone that still has stuff to do, but I finished my last exam today!!! (given that i passed everything)

no doubt you'll all be seeing/reading/hearing much more from me now :lol:
Collingwood es bueno para siempre
Ellos saben como jugar el juego....
Magpie Gal 19

Post by Magpie Gal 19 »

When i was young i used to dream about being a nurse or flight attendent

than in early high school i wanted to be the collingwood physio, but there was no way i would get a high ter score.

So ATM i am on my way to be a nurse, I am a PCA and doing a Div 2 nurse traineeship.
LICA IS THE PERFECT PACKAGE !!!!
katie_clokes_4eva

Post by katie_clokes_4eva »

carlabuckley_05 wrote:....then i got a life
now im going to uni next year to do commerce - sports management and then hopefully i'll become an elite player manager.....or not! 8)
Hey Carla,

That's pretty much what i want to do at the moment lol.
But more along the lines of event management, promotions, sports management in the sports industry.
I am completeing a sport adminastration VET course next year, year 10. Ahead of my year but hey!?
And I'm also going to do my work- expeirience at the Collingwood Football Club hopefully, if all works out :D
I am only 15 but it's what i have always loved doing, well not the percific outlines of that but managing things/people lol
So I hope you go well in what you wont to acheive and that i can do the same!!

:wink:
PIES = 2008 PREMIERS :)
tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

"I am completeing a sport adminastration VET course next year, year 10"

Is that an elective at ure school? I'm ure age aswell, i'm currently selecting electives, its hard
sam.

Post by sam. »

Haha I remember picking electives... i think i chose stuff like 2d and 3d art, jewellery, graphics... all stuff i didnt even end up doing in year 11 and 12.

we had electives going into year 9 tho... but you still had normal maths and english classes, then in year 10, you never have a class with your homegroup... coz we have the same hg and hg teacher from year 7-12.
Sam
"I've had enough of having nothing, I won't take just anything. I got my mind set on something, all I want is everything. All I want is everything."
sam.

Post by sam. »

BRoDieZ^BaBY wrote:Arghhh dont remind me about physio... i have an appointment at 8oclock tomorrow morning :(
Omg, i love physio now...

my guy referred me to a new physio, coz he thought he would be better for me, had my first session today (wednesday) and arghhh he's so hot.. i think im in love hahahaha... :p
going back on monday haha.. i cant wait.. im acutally looking forward to it lol :wink: :wink: 8)
Sam
"I've had enough of having nothing, I won't take just anything. I got my mind set on something, all I want is everything. All I want is everything."
tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

lol Sammy ure such a dag!.....can u book me in for one? lol
sam.

Post by sam. »

No, he's mine lol.
Sam
katie_clokes_4eva

Post by katie_clokes_4eva »

tazzies_girl wrote:"I am completeing a sport adminastration VET course next year, year 10"

Is that an elective at ure school? I'm ure age aswell, i'm currently selecting electives, its hard
Yes, It is an elective But I'm actually not meant to complete it until your in year 11.. Selecting them arn't so bad apart from when you don't get what you wont and you have to choose again!
PIES = 2008 PREMIERS :)
tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

sportsadmnin as an elective? thats so cool!! ure so lucky, we dont have that at our school, closest thing we've had was Sporting History, which i loved
~Madness~

Post by ~Madness~ »

I always wanted to be one of these two...a Vet or a policewoman in the mounted section...always wanted to ride a police horse...

I have done lots in my life though...and now im a BIG girl...hehehehe
"whaaa whaaaaaa!
skaman
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by skaman »

ooooh, there's a joke there...but its too rude!!!
Hey, what am I doing here!!?? How embarrasment...carry on ladies! Toodles, I'll bring a cake and cheese platter next time...back to my knitting nancy!
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
melissa

Post by melissa »

I wanted to be a nurse when i was eleven, did the Div 2 course in 1997 and hated it, left to have my kids and here i am with nothing but a head full of lots of medical terminology, and no certificate. Bugger. I also wanted to be a pilot when i was a kid but my eyesight isn't good enough. Oh well, back to the drawing board...

And who among us hasn't dreamed of being the Collingwood physio/masseur?! Oh, to get my hands on Trav's shoulders!!
Congrats Bucks, on a great return! Bring on the Crows!