When I was a little girl I wanted to be....

If you want to be able to chat about the really interesting stuff in footy without being hassled by the guys - do it here!

Moderators: Hanskies, foxychick

lovinglicuria18

Post by lovinglicuria18 »

melissa totally agree i would do anything to become a physio for a day, actually i think being invincible would be much more pleasurable imagine who (and what lol) you would see

anyway in primary school i always wanted to be a teacher well now im goin into year 10 and i am thinking of somthin in law or even sports mabey not shore havnt made my mind up.

why do people always tend to change there minds when they see the enter score they have to get, why not just aim high and work hard?
melissa

When i was a little girl i wanted to be...

Post by melissa »

I know, it gets to me too now that i have the benefit of hindsight with my own life. Some of them might get to my age (32) and realise they've got no real qualifications because they didn't believe in themselves enough to really go for what they wanted or think they they were smart enough to be able to get a high enough score. We're all guilty of selling ourselves short at one time or another. I know I've looked at job ads and thought, nope, can't do that. When really if I went back to TAFE or did a traineeship i could probably learn. I'm not dumb. Good on you, girl, you go for what you want. Life is too short.
Congrats Bucks, on a great return! Bring on the Crows!
Nutmeg

Post by Nutmeg »

Aiming high and working hard is all well and good in theory, but life isn't some corny American feel good movie.
Some people work their butts off, and only achieve just above average results, others do nothing and still breeze through. The thing to remember with ENTER score is that 50 is the average

Sure, aim high and work hard - but if you don't achieve the results you want for the course or whatever you want, it doesn't really matter. There are other ways into things - TAFEs offer diplomas and certificates that can help gain university places, can even count towards degrees. Ok, it might take a little longer than if you just headed straight to uni, but there's no law saying you hafta have everything sorted by the time your 22. The benefit of the 'long way round' is that sometimes, you may find something else that interests you along the way and fits much better.

Personally, I'm just about to start my 6th year at uni (finished my bachelor degree last year, now doing grad dip) and I've gone straight through without a break fulltime (I'm essentially about to start my 19th year of education all for the grand privilege of going back to school!). At times I think I'd love to take a semester off and go o/s or something, but I'm the type of person that would wander off and never come back.

sorry about the long soliloquoy - just want to remind those of you that are currently finishing off high school that achieving a lesser score than you wanted doesn't mean much in the scheme of things.

ps after about two months out of school, it's amazing how insignificant ENTER scores actually are......................
Collingwood es bueno para siempre
Ellos saben como jugar el juego....
melissa

Post by melissa »

18 years out of school and u could use your enter score papers to line your budgie cage... along with your VCE results.
Congrats Bucks, on a great return! Bring on the Crows!