Role Models

If you want to be able to chat about the really interesting stuff in footy without being hassled by the guys - do it here!

Moderators: Hanskies, foxychick

Nutmeg

Role Models

Post by Nutmeg »

Just another topic to getchas all thinking.....

Obviously we all love the boys at Collingwood and no doubt have interest in other sports as well, I was wondering who other people admire as role models either in sport or life in general. I'm also interested in how many of us have positive female role models (yeah yeah I'm a bit of a feminist), given that we're all such huge fans of such a male-dominated arena.
Collingwood es bueno para siempre
Ellos saben como jugar el juego....
lovinglicuria18

Post by lovinglicuria18 »

i agree with you, i would have to say that my parents would be my role models, but i also have so much respect for many other poeple, who r your role models nutmeg?
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies

Post by Go_The_Mighty_Magpies »

I can't say I can think of a female I would call a role model. No one with particular 'positive traits' even comes to mind. In general I am not a fan of much of the rest of the female race.
There is just one team we favour...
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

Angelina Jolie for her sex appeal haha but is that supposed to be positive?
tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

I always find it funny when people say their parents are there role models, i'd never tell them, but neither of my parents are my role models. I guess i'd like to be as laid back as my dad, but thats about it.
i_luv_tarkyn!

Post by i_luv_tarkyn! »

Lance Armstrong is my hero, although he is another male athlete.

... I dont really have any female sporting heroes which come to think of it isnt good!!

But I do admire my Mum and my Grandma very much so.

*jess
LIVESTRONG
melissa

Post by melissa »

I don't have any role models as such, just people i admire. Angelina Jolie would have to be one of mine because if i had her kind of money i think i would adopt children to save them from foreign orphanages too. Especially the orphanages in Romania, they ought to be ashamed of the way they treat their little ones.
Plus I wouldn't mind having Jolie's figure and lips! She can have Brad though. Not my type at all. Give me Julian McMahon or Johnny Depp any day.
Congrats Bucks, on a great return! Bring on the Crows!
katie_clokes_4eva

Post by katie_clokes_4eva »

I must say, I dont really know of many females or males for that matter as my role models.
I know what i want to be when i leave school and what i would like to be good at.
There are also people that i have heard of / met that i think to myself... "They have great skills etc". However, i wouldnt say i want to be exactly like them!!
In my oppinion everybody is unique and you should be your own role model. If you push yourself hard enough and have friends to surport you in your decisions, you will get where you want to be.

*question: What do you want to do when you leave school or what are you currently doing, studying etc.
PIES = 2008 PREMIERS :)
Emily14

Post by Emily14 »

Glenn mcgrath is my hero so is his wife jane i admire glenn because his a bowler in cricket so when i play and im bowling i think of him. His such a strong man having to deal with janes cancer twice and when she first had cancer she was told she couldnt have children and shes managed 2 children now and shes dealing with cancer a third time and i hope she fights this one off aswell