Casey?

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 56 times

Casey?

Post by David »

When did Springvale change their name to Casey... it was Springvale wasn't it? Can someone fill me in with the story there cos I was pretty surprised to read the VFL report in the newspaper on Monday and see this team I hadn't heard of before...
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

I think 'Casey' is their electrate/province/something like that - the area (correct em if I'm wrong) is called the City of Casey, which must be the reasoning for the change.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

The City Of Casey (Cranborne?) decided to build a huge sporting complex, and needed a key tenant to make it worthwhile.

Seeing as though the then Springvale Scorpions were having problems withtheir own home ground (they were playing more home games at Dandenong's Shepley Oval), they were approached with a deal to move out to Casey.

Thus, The Scorpions dropped the Springvale name last season, and became The Casey Scorpions as of this year.
vinnie_vegas69

Post by vinnie_vegas69 »

Yep - They're no longer playing in Springvale, and "Cranbourne" doesn't have a good ring to it.
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by David »

there was a club called Cranbourne once in the VFA wasn't there, or am I just imagining it.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
TurkishPie

Post by TurkishPie »

Johnson#26 wrote:I think 'Casey' is their electrate/province/something like that - the area (correct em if I'm wrong) is called the City of Casey, which must be the reasoning for the change.
City of Casey is a municipality in Melbourne's south east. It comprises of suburbs such as Narre Warren, Cranbourne, Doveton, Hallam, Berwick etc.. It has a rich football identity.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

TurkishPie wrote:
Johnson#26 wrote:I think 'Casey' is their electrate/province/something like that - the area (correct em if I'm wrong) is called the City of Casey, which must be the reasoning for the change.
City of Casey is a municipality in Melbourne's south east. It comprises of suburbs such as Narre Warren, Cranbourne, Doveton, Hallam, Berwick etc.. It has a rich football identity.
- totally untrue!
TurkishPie

Post by TurkishPie »

3rd degree wrote:
TurkishPie wrote:
- totally untrue!
You're right, i made it all up.
Prynny_22

Post by Prynny_22 »

3rd degree wrote:
TurkishPie wrote:
- totally untrue!
The likes of Aussie jones, ronnie burns, clinton king and brett evans all now play in the local comp of the MPNFL
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

also the region that i vote in is known as casey