What do you look for most?

If you want to be able to chat about the really interesting stuff in footy without being hassled by the guys - do it here!

Moderators: Hanskies, foxychick

David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by David »

hey well this is a bit weird....
but I was wondering what girls consider to be the number one thing they look for in guys?
It's always interesting trying to work out how the opposite sex thinks, I don't doubt that us males are equally confusing at times.
Appreciate any replies, I'm already appreciating the novelty of posting in the chicks channel (I'm such a rebel lol 8))
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
i_luv_licca

Post by i_luv_licca »

I dunno... its hard this question!

I think you have to have a common interest, and have to feel comfortable with them, to take it further. Like, be able to be open with one another etc...

Don't try and get in my pants when u first meet me sorta thing, but don't give off the impression that you could only be a friend

haha sorry its hard to say
Fire Up

Re: What do you look for most?

Post by Fire Up »

David from Canberra wrote:hey well this is a bit weird....
but I was wondering what girls consider to be the number one thing they look for in guys?
It's always interesting trying to work out how the opposite sex thinks, I don't doubt that us males are equally confusing at times.
Appreciate any replies, I'm already appreciating the novelty of posting in the chicks channel (I'm such a rebel lol 8))
hahaha good question for them to answer. besides wot u doing in here. OH crap wot am i doing here. OH wait no 1 around so im safe. besides the answer will start with L....!
i_luv_tarkyn!

Post by i_luv_tarkyn! »

Someone to have fun with, who you can hang out with and forget about everything and everyone and just be happy in each other's company.

*jess
LIVESTRONG
tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

I like a confident guy thats happy with himself, which means he's easy to be around. Fake confidence is a big turn off, my friends say i'm a bit harsh
melissa

Post by melissa »

Yeah confidence is a good one. As long as it's not arrogance. Someone who is not afraid to flirt but isn't sleazy about it. And has a good sense of humour.
Congrats Bucks, on a great return! Bring on the Crows!
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by David »

That's the thing... certainly I've heard that confidence is a big thing that girls look for. It sort of pisses me off a bit though when it seems like all the footy player-types get girls so easily, and I wonder why it is. Obviously different girls are going to have different opinions, and probably the kind of girl I'd go for wouldn't be interested in that type of guy anyway. Yeah what are we doing here Mike, good question :o
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
melissa

what do you look for most?

Post by melissa »

Dave from Canberra, it really depends on the guy, i couldn't care less if he's a football player or not. My bf is not a footy player. But he's got a good sense of humour and is easy to be around. I think that is the most important thing.
Hanskies

Post by Hanskies »

I like a guy who can string a sentence together (in proper english) without a uuh umm in between every third word.

I like a guy who is confident, cocky is hot, but arrogance is not!

Someone that knows what they want in life, not just plodding along!

Nice shoulders are a plus!

a Guy that doesnt change his personality when hes around me alone, and when hes with me and his mates are around **Thats the worst when they become pricks coz their mates are around**
tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

Whats the difference between cocky and arrogant Han?

"I like a guy who can string a sentence together (in proper english) without a uuh umm in between every third word. "
Perfect way to put it. He doesnt have to think he's great, I just want him comfortable with himself.

Footy guys get girls coz they act like they're top shit and girls start to believe it. And with some girls its just a "try to get the hottest but best player" competition.
melissa

Post by melissa »

Yeah it is pretty pathetic. Like a part of the Shane Crawford doco where some of the girls were all over him just cos he's a footy player. Albeit not a bad looking one and the former captain, but honestly, he has a partner (or did aat the time) and some of those girls acted as though that didn't matter, like they'd screw him anyway. Pathetic.
Hanskies

Post by Hanskies »

Difference between cocky and arrogant... hard to put into words

Cocky I guess is hot in the way a guy carries himself- self assured, knows who he is, know where hes going, knows to treat people equally and fairly. Knows hes good (as in good looking or got something special going on about him, eg job) without flaunting it.

Arrogance is well, we've all met at least 10 guys that think all girls fall at their feet and that they are gods gift, when in fact they really are shallow, pathetic and have nothing to offer, cant string a sentence together beyond anything at prep level. Kinda someone like my ex (who plays for north Ballarat) and well thinks all girls fall at his feet, when infact he was only ressies captain last year because he isnt good enough to get into VFL senior squad, and other than that he digs holes for a living!(he a landscaper) (not that anything is wrong with that, but dont try and compare it so a brain surgeon or anything like that, even a REAL trade, like carpenter or a plumber)
lovinglicuria18

Post by lovinglicuria18 »

most of the time the girls the footy boys pick up are generally girls that have no idea about football or who they are, but a guy being cocky can be really good i agree its great when a guy noes where there life is goin
tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

oh by footy guys i mean local footballers but both are alike in ways
melissa

Post by melissa »

No I reclon AFL players tend to go out with girls who know nothing about football which kind of irks me because those of us who do aren't dogs! Or dykes with too much testosterone! We're an attractive bunch, what's wrong with these guys? We could at least carry on a decent conversation with them. I don't talk about football all the time, either. I think that might be why they go for those girls. Or the fact that they don't know who the player is so they don't act awe-struck like some little groupies do. But do any of the guys actually have anything intelligent to say, themselvees? I know Bucks is pretty smart, but if anyone's talked to a player that has something to say, let me know!