2005 Draftees. Who do you reckon will a quiet achiever

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

okjoe

2005 Draftees. Who do you reckon will a quiet achiever

Post by okjoe »

Apart from Daisy, who's a gun. Pendles is showing some really good qualitlies. In time what about the rest of the draftee boys? Whats your opinion? I think the smokey is Ryan Cook. He is very young but shows some promise.
twaters

Post by twaters »

I'm hoping to get down to Casey on the weekend to confirm more upfront again.

But for me so far Cook ain't a smokey. Real deal. No doubt he needs some of that Malthouse accountability marine training to keep the ball in our forward line, but he has all the other tools (how come no one else saw that in the draft?). Perhaps our later young picks weren't meant for maturing this year or even next in Mick's famous clock-orama to use up the next two years premier chances with the best experience plus impact players we can muster ahead of the youngsters?

Little doubt all our 18 year olds will be players (Anthony, Cook, Pendles, Stanley).

Some doubt perhaps with our upcoming 19 year olds eg Iles - a wonderful second half against Werribee, but a missingly walkabout first half, injured lately; with Toovey you see the closing speed but not sure yet about the whole package - a year to go; Nicholls...he may be your quiet achiever you are looking for but also needs the year to round out his game. Other 19 year olds this year = Travis & Thomas = QED.
WKB

Post by WKB »

I said a couple of weeks ago that John Anthony could be the darkhorse from last years draft but I think that may not have been giving him the credit he deserved, just I'd not heard a lot about him coming into the start of the season etc.

Right now for me though I can't go past Nicholls, considering the fact he is only on the Rookie list. A no nonsense player who isn't afraid to get the pill, has a pretty good goal sense and reasonable skill (which of course can be worked on).
okjoe

Post by okjoe »

Anthony was limping at the Willy V Coburg game. Hopefully it's something not too serious. So you reckon Cook is the real deal. Time will tell. I think he goes alright. The draftee selectors are no fools... They do an awful lot of homework that hopefully will pay off.