The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

KYPREO

Post by KYPREO »

Humphrey-Smith is a partner in an inner city commercial law firm. Umpire and commercial lawyer...fantastic combination PR-wise. :lol:

http://www.landers.com.au/ourlawyers/indiv_law/d_hs.htm
Go Pies!!!
skaman
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

Carros very versatile in TV.
Watch carefully next time you watch Ren and Stimpy. She makes a guest appearance as one of Stimpys nose goblins. Not to sure but could have sworn one of them had glasses on them too. Possibly Shite Mike.
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
drfranger

Post by drfranger »

My favorite ever moment of Caro madness was one night on talking footy where Demetriou was doing an interview just after he had been promoted. He had to sit through the most mindless string of questions on everything about the game so Caro could show what a serious tough journo she was. It was so entertainingly bad watching her not land even the tiniest punch on him. She started asking the questions quicker and quicker but couldn't acheive shit. Macavaney looked emabarrassed ( :o :o :o :o ) she was so ineffective.

At the end of it she just spluttered from nowhere the old - "How do feel about a Club president calling his own club's games?" rang out. Demetriou almost had to stop himself laughing before fobbing her off with a "That's for channel 9 to decide" answer.

She is actually a good journo in that she has broken quite a few big stories (like Carlton's financial troubles and the Demons getting busted with Gambling debts), BUT any skill she has is more than off-set by her rampaging ego and her need to show herself off as a 'heavy hitter'.
spoljar

Post by spoljar »

Robbo.D.yobbo wrote:
spoljar wrote:
Robbo.D.yobbo wrote:typicall carlton supporter
Actually Dude, she is a Richmond supporter. Same thing applies regardless though!
really?

i could of sworn she is a carlton supporter....ah well hard to tell them apart with the ferralness and all
I know what you mean. Same thing really between those two clubs. Her father was actually president of Richmond for 12 years believe it or not! She has been waiting 25 years for that club to do something. I have this feeling she may be waiting another 25 years!
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

Tess wrote:
stik35 wrote:It would be appreciated if comments in this thread related to journalistic ability or lack of it and not personal appearance.

stik35 for Bbmods.
Never seen Caro eating an apple......
Nor is she accustomed to eating the humble variety
ie the arrogant tag! :wink:
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

skaman wrote:Carros very versatile in TV.
Watch carefully next time you watch Ren and Stimpy. She makes a guest appearance as one of Stimpys nose goblins. Not to sure but could have sworn one of them had glasses on them too. Possibly Shite Mike.
Rob! Get me some caps of those pix! I just gotta see 'em!!

Dyso
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

Gee...... she sure brings out the animal in Collingwood supporters does Caro!
I must admit, I'm a big fan.

Forget the 'good face for radio' stuff; that's just sexist crap.

Sure she holds no love for Collingwood personally and why should she?

She's born and bred Richmond as others have noted here. That doesn't worry me.
She campaigned strongly, with others like Tim Lane, to get Eddie off broadcasting, but this is not a personal thing; she believed honestly that a conflict of interest existed. I disagreed and so did most Collingwood people, but I'm sure Caro had the suppoert of 90% of the rest of the football public on that one.

We all thought Collo had a conflict of interest with Carlton and Telstra, but Blues' supporters probably didn't.

Where Caro shines is in her ability to break the big, behind the scenes stories. She does this because she doesn't fear breaking the 'blokey' and 'macho' football code-of-silence adhered to by most journos in Melbourne.

She's also a woman in a totally male dominated world; head footy journalist at the Age; not such a bad achievement. In this capacity, let's hope she has opened the door for more to come.

No, more power to her. I don't always agree with her position, but we sure as hell need quality journalists like her with the ability to push the barriers and make the AFL accountable.
daicos4ever

Post by daicos4ever »

Now here's a turn up for the books, she actually tipped Collingwood!

Get in touch with your loved ones because the world is about to end!
raymond35

Post by raymond35 »

I'm not sure whether to burst out laughing at Neils post or throw up.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

ray fidge wrote:I'm not sure whether to burst out laughing at Neils post or throw up.
im doing both and its uncomfortable.
sq3

Post by sq3 »

Is Neil really Caroline ??????
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

sq3 wrote:Is Neil really Caroline ??????
Neil Diamond singing "Sweet Caroline"?.. :P :twisted:
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Caro's REAL wish list

Post by Cam »

true
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Get back on top.
Dark Lord

Re: Caro's REAL wish list

Post by Dark Lord »

"There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again." - Oscar Wilde
Joel

Post by Joel »

Cam, did you do that? That is sensational! HAHAHAHAHA!