Round 8 v Frankston

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

bokka

Post by bokka »

How about Richards? Named as 2nd BOG. Do you think he's ready to step up again? HOw was his ruck work and general play? Cam is not cutting it in the ruck at the moment.
the_drake wrote:I dropped in to watch the boys as well,.. had to weather the feral locals on the franga 'hill' quite funny & quite sad at the same time- got under the skin of Ego after the game.. gave them his familiar salute!

My thoughts of the last 3 Qtrs (missed the 1st) - Pendles played in the midfield, still seems some way from senior selection IMHO, he seems to get brushed aside pretty easily, has got silky skills tho.. not sure if I would expose him to the arrogant Lions..

Ruz played half forward flank and on the wing for a while during the 3rd Qtr.. took a couple of nice marks, but wasnt yet 100% commited to a contest.. I noticed he's carrying his recovering arm a bit higher than his other arm when running..

Trav has to be close to a re-call, even though his marking could improve compared to last year, his ground skills in slippery conditions these last two games have been impressive.. played another good game at CHF.

Jase was solid but quieter than last week.. Harry was outstanding this week, torched the turf with good judement and evasive skills..

Yakka was hard at the contest again this week, turned it over with his kicking a couple of times, but his 'inside' skills & clean hands were impressive.. is close to a call up too.

Was impressed with Stanners.. not so much his game, just that he is a Unit! this guy has heaps of potential.. has a bit of Sir Scott about him.. real tenacity for a contest.. with a bigger build..

Ego carrying a strapped shin/calf, played ok, seems to be developing a defensive part to his game playing in the back pocket.. His run and kicking to position were good.. Tex chipped in with a couple of contested marks..

In the end I expected more, given the opportunites potentially opening in the seniors..

My 2c
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Yeah but Cam could get 35 hitouts, kick 5 goals and you would probably say he aint cutting it :rolleyes:

Surely Guy would need more than 1 good game in 7 years to get a call up again after being dropped>?
bokka

Post by bokka »

I thought you said you didn't see the game Eddiesmith
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

bokka wrote:I thought you said you didn't see the game Eddiesmith
I didnt, whats your point?
Cakewalk

Post by Cakewalk »

the_drake wrote:I dropped in to watch the boys as well,.. had to weather the feral locals on the franga 'hill' quite funny & quite sad at the same time- got under the skin of Ego after the game.. gave them his familiar salute!
Pathetic bunch of "humans".
I could see David Cloke eyeing them off at 3 quarter time.
Egan did give them a well deserved reaction at the end , but atleast he didn't take it any further when they started screaming out he was a "coconut".
Scrappy game , due to Frankston trying to turn it into an arm wrestle , with Frankston flooding we played around with the ball alot and were unable to get any clear delivery to our forwards.
Proctor got KO'd by going back with the flight and not taking his eyes off the ball , great stuff.
Yakka,Cloke,O'Brien,Morrison,Richards and Pendlebury all good , T.Cloke and Rusling a bit subdued due to the game style.
"Are you an angry man? Are you envious? Do you get envious? I have competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. At times, I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. "
uey

Post by uey »

eddiesmith wrote:Yeah but Cam could get 35 hitouts, kick 5 goals and you would probably say he aint cutting it :rolleyes:

Surely Guy would need more than 1 good game in 7 years to get a call up again after being dropped>?
You are obsessed.
NICKS BB 2007 PP Scott Pendlebury
innocent_criminal

Post by innocent_criminal »

bokka wrote:How about Richards? Named as 2nd BOG. Do you think he's ready to step up again? HOw was his ruck work and general play? Cam is not cutting it in the ruck at the moment.

My thoughts of the last 3 Qtrs (missed the 1st) - Pendles played in the midfield, still seems some way from senior selection IMHO, he seems to get brushed aside pretty easily, has got silky skills tho.. not sure if I would expose him to the arrogant Lions..

Ruz played half forward flank and on the wing for a while during the 3rd Qtr.. took a couple of nice marks, but wasnt yet 100% commited to a contest.. I noticed he's carrying his recovering arm a bit higher than his other arm when running..

Trav has to be close to a re-call, even though his marking could improve compared to last year, his ground skills in slippery conditions these last two games have been impressive.. played another good game at CHF.

Jase was solid but quieter than last week.. Harry was outstanding this week, torched the turf with good judement and evasive skills..

Yakka was hard at the contest again this week, turned it over with his kicking a couple of times, but his 'inside' skills & clean hands were impressive.. is close to a call up too.

Was impressed with Stanners.. not so much his game, just that he is a Unit! this guy has heaps of potential.. has a bit of Sir Scott about him.. real tenacity for a contest.. with a bigger build..

Ego carrying a strapped shin/calf, played ok, seems to be developing a defensive part to his game playing in the back pocket.. His run and kicking to position were good.. Tex chipped in with a couple of contested marks..

In the end I expected more, given the opportunites potentially opening in the seniors..

My 2c
Whoops,
In my haste I forgot to mention Guy.. I thought his general play around the ground was actually very good, - presented well, and actually took marks! also made good decisions in linking through the centre.. seemed to work pretty hard pushing forward and back...(got caught-out once in the last Qtr, & just got back into the center in time for the bounce!) His tap work was ok, - I will admit that tap work, for me, is really hard to judge from the boundary at suburban grounds.. (maybe I need new glases) however IMO he probably only broke even in tap work.. His opponent seemed to win a lot of clearances in the last Qtr when the game was tightening up.. and Guy was probably tiring..

Morrison was also mentioned in the BOGs - To me he showed good clean hands and his experience showed out with clever with the use of the ball.. Copped heaps from the ferrals on the hill !
innocent_criminal

Post by innocent_criminal »

Cakewalk wrote:
Pathetic bunch of "humans".
I could see David Cloke eyeing them off at 3 quarter time.
Egan did give them a well deserved reaction at the end , but atleast he didn't take it any further when they started screaming out he was a "coconut".
You must have been standing next to me cakewalk!

I will admit I had a laugh at some of the stuff they dredged up, - I guess the lads need to get used to this element in any crowd, good learning experience for thickening the skin & to block out the crap flowing over the boundary fence.. I thought the Leo Sayer chorus for our curly haired runner was mildy entertaining.. but the swearing and taunts just got worse and worse as it became obvious that Willy was going to win.. and the 'coconut' racial taunts summed up the type 'humans' we were dealing with..
bokka

Post by bokka »

the_drake wrote:
bokka wrote:How about Richards? Named as 2nd BOG. Do you think he's ready to step up again? HOw was his ruck work and general play? Cam is not cutting it in the ruck at the moment.
Whoops,
In my haste I forgot to mention Guy.. I thought his general play around the ground was actually very good, - presented well, and actually took marks! also made good decisions in linking through the centre.. seemed to work pretty hard pushing forward and back...(got caught-out once in the last Qtr, & just got back into the center in time for the bounce!) His tap work was ok, - I will admit that tap work, for me, is really hard to judge from the boundary at suburban grounds.. (maybe I need new glases) however IMO he probably only broke even in tap work.. His opponent seemed to win a lot of clearances in the last Qtr when the game was tightening up.. and Guy was probably tiring..

Morrison was also mentioned in the BOGs - To me he showed good clean hands and his experience showed out with clever with the use of the ball.. Copped heaps from the ferrals on the hill !
OK thanks. I'd think he would need at least 2 in a row in the best to earn a call-up, give CAm another chance or 2 to step up.(Cripes I'm actually agreeing with Eddiesmith about something :!: :shock: )
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Thanks for the reports guys, much appreciated
stoid

Post by stoid »

Richards' game on Sunday included 15 marks and 29 possessions in the ruck. I think Cam will be forced out. Here's the link
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 95,00.html
ad4eva

Post by ad4eva »

stoid wrote:Richards' game on Sunday included 15 marks and 29 possessions in the ruck. I think Cam will be forced out. Here's the link
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 95,00.html
1 game doesnt make a season
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

eddiesmith wrote:Yeah but Cam could get 35 hitouts, kick 5 goals and you would probably say he aint cutting it :rolleyes:

Eddie did you even watch friday night. The boy( your love child part 2) has done nothing in two weeks. Give credit where credit is due. Dont give it just because the name is Cloke. You said you didnt go to the game but you still knew Jase was the best of the Clokes. Are you David or Julie Cloke? Are you one of the Clokes grandparents? What is up with you dude?
Genesis 1:1
ad4eva

Post by ad4eva »

nuxta wrote:

Eddie did you even watch friday night. The boy( your love child part 2) has done nothing in two weeks. Give credit where credit is due. Dont give it just because the name is Cloke. You said you didnt go to the game but you still knew Jase was the best of the Clokes. Are you David or Julie Cloke? Are you one of the Clokes grandparents? What is up with you dude?
If he was a relo he wouldnt be able to choose between Jason and Travis for best on... that would be unfair to the other
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

nuxta wrote:

You see I went to the VFL website where they had the results and not only did it say J.Cloke in the best but I also looked at the player list and next to Jason Cloke was 4 in the best column ;) :P

Cam has done a fine job, I wonder if others actually watched the game, he worked hard all night, never got smashed in the ruck and looked good around the ground, just like he did the week before and once again played less than a half of footy, what do people expect from blokes playing half a game? :roll: