Round 8 v Frankston

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

uey

Post by uey »

Eddie - you are on ignore pal.
Ive had it with your ridiculous posts - you speak complete dribble.
Read the signs pal - shape up or enjoy your lonely conversations.
NICKS BB 2007 PP Scott Pendlebury
lawboy

Post by lawboy »

Eddiesmith - i expect him to get more than 3 hitouts in half a game in the ruck and I also expect him to be able to take UNcontested marks when well in the clear of his opponent - that is all.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

lawboy wrote:Eddiesmith - i expect him to get more than 3 hitouts in half a game in the ruck and I also expect him to be able to take UNcontested marks when well in the clear of his opponent - that is all.
So because he like everyone else on the ground including our best players dropped marks on Friday you write him off?

His marking was very good the week before, but like everyone struggled with the slippery conditions

As for the hitouts, that will come with more game time, hard to adjust from seeing VFL blokes throwing it up 10m to Matthew James bouncing it 100m in the air :P

Besides hitouts are overrated, what good is a hitout where the ball just hits the deck or into opposition hands? Cam does a great job of even when he loses the tap, he doesnt let the opposition take it out, shows great 2nd and 3rd efforts and thats what you want from your 2nd ruck option, if he cant get the tap then atleast make it hard for the opposition something Guy cant do and really his taps arent exactly to advantage most of the time
bokka

Post by bokka »

stoid wrote:Richards' game on Sunday included 15 marks and 29 possessions in the ruck. I think Cam will be forced out. Here's the link
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 95,00.html
Wow I don't think I've seen stats like that from a ruckman at any level - sounds like he is really getting it together. IN previous seasons he has had some pretty good games with solid around the ground contributions, suggesting potential, if he can just gain some solid confidence and dynamism he could be a great asset this season in the 1sts. Another display like that next week I think would get him a promo unless Cam produced an unlikely blinder.
Gotta keep in mind he's still coming off an injury riddled few years, will take a while to build up and I doubt we'd see close to his full potential until next season after a big preseason putting on some beef (at the moment he's just got a bit of lamb) and conditioning.
loki04

Post by loki04 »

bokka wrote:
stoid wrote:Richards' game on Sunday included 15 marks and 29 possessions in the ruck. I think Cam will be forced out. Here's the link
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 95,00.html
Wow I don't think I've seen stats like that from a ruckman at any level - sounds like he is really getting it together. IN previous seasons he has had some pretty good games with solid around the ground contributions, suggesting potential, if he can just gain some solid confidence and dynamism he could be a great asset this season in the 1sts. Another display like that next week I think would get him a promo unless Cam produced an unlikely blinder.
Gotta keep in mind he's still coming off an injury riddled few years, will take a while to build up and I doubt we'd see close to his full potential until next season after a big preseason putting on some beef (at the moment he's just got a bit of lamb) and conditioning.
They are very good stats pitty when he gets in the Black an white he can barely get a kick and looks very unco, Guy also has had 6 pre-seasons to get bigger and is still a twig he will never be a bash and crash ruckmen. Cam needs tp play more aggresively if he wants to stay in the seniors because thats his role but only having 40% game time doesn't help him.
melliot

Post by melliot »

eddiesmith wrote:
lawboy wrote:Eddiesmith - i expect him to get more than 3 hitouts in half a game in the ruck and I also expect him to be able to take UNcontested marks when well in the clear of his opponent - that is all.
So because he like everyone else on the ground including our best players dropped marks on Friday you write him off?

His marking was very good the week before, but like everyone struggled with the slippery conditions

As for the hitouts, that will come with more game time, hard to adjust from seeing VFL blokes throwing it up 10m to Matthew James bouncing it 100m in the air :P

Besides hitouts are overrated, what good is a hitout where the ball just hits the deck or into opposition hands? Cam does a great job of even when he loses the tap, he doesnt let the opposition take it out, shows great 2nd and 3rd efforts and thats what you want from your 2nd ruck option, if he cant get the tap then atleast make it hard for the opposition something Guy cant do and really his taps arent exactly to advantage most of the time

Agree with Eddiesmith on this one.

Cam played 4 good games for willi before he got his spot, while Richards did sweet FA in the seniors. Think Cams output has been far greater than Richards while in the seniors (maybe except for the roos game). At least when cam does get the ball he can kick it with damage. When Richards plays 4 good ones for Willi and Cam doesn't improve his output, then its Richards turn.

Just My Opinion.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

The real problem facing both Richards and cameron is the great form of Josh. While he does 80% of the ruck work, our need for a 2nd ruckman is pretty minimal.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Actually I think its more about the fact that Guy is the preferred ruckman and seen more as a pure ruckman.

CC had the chance to usurp the hierarchy but didn't take that chance which meant that as soon as Guy looked like he was running back into form he'd get the nod.

Cam needed to crash blokes and unsettle players and impose himself on the game in some way and he didn't.

He's still young and still worth perservering with but he has plenty of work to do yet before he's in the first 22.