Catch 22 for Seagulls

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Catch 22 for Seagulls

Post by Dale61 »

eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Thanks for the article Dale

On todays performance the Willy VFL blokes look quite good, I reckon the VFL blokes won them the game and come finals it looks like they have good depth. The Rd20 Reserves game will be an interesting one as the seniors have the bye and the ressies will likely be playing for a spot in the finals for the seniors

Imagine come finals time if fully fit then Williamstown Reserves who are thrashing everyone anyway could line up with 6-8 AFL listed players if the seniors are all still playing
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Only if those 6-8 AFL players have qualified to play Reserves finals. Keep in mind that the 12/10 rule is in effect for the finals.

However, if CFC go all the way to the GF, every player on the list can be named, whether they have qualified or not.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Dale61 wrote:Only if those 6-8 AFL players have qualified to play Reserves finals. Keep in mind that the 12/10 rule is in effect for the finals.

However, if CFC go all the way to the GF, every player on the list can be named, whether they have qualified or not.
Thats what I was thinking along the lines of, although they should still get around 15-20 blokes qualified for the VFL finals this year I reckon if they stay fit so if Williamstown are playing and say we have 20 players available for Willy seniors does that mean the 8 left over are allowed to play ressies? Or do they have to have played some reserves footy at some point
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

The club wouldn't deny the current reserves players a chance to play in a GF, so it is quite feasible that if all three teams make the GF, several CFC listed players could miss out.

I think 13 games in the minimum for finals qualification.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked