#17 Captain Scott Burns

Post by TMan4 »

An Absolute Warrior, Fearless and Strong:

Scott Burns - Champion!

Brownlow Medal
2005 votes 3; career votes 33

Draft history
1992 National AFL Draft 6th round selection (Collingwood) No. 90 overall
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
loki04

Post by loki04 »

He is a bloody gun Burnsy, highly underated for most of his careeer!
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

TMan4

Post by TMan4 »

Thanks Luke! Good work as always!
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Absolute legend of the club - Much loved by many because of his fearless attack on the footy and excellent work out of the middle.... all done without the need to showboat like many others do.

I just wish we could send this bloke to stud with a premiership medallion around his neck...
Beware the swooping Magpie.
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Scott burns is a living legend of the game. If he was in a different ira without bucks he would be talked about along side yeaterdays greats. He does live in bucks shadow a bit and i think in a way he likes that. Another SA star for Collingwood, didak, bucks, burns. My moment of 2006 was when the ball went back to the centre after the fight of Whitnall/Didak/Holland Gary lyon says "its gonna take a lot of courage to put ya head over the footy" and bang out off the line comes scott burns harder than anyone else straight at the pill. No nonesense nothing. His just that sort of player. If you wanted anybody out the current team to come into war with you i dont think there would be a second thought. A true champion and one that probably will never recieve the real acknowledgements he deserves.
TMan4

Post by TMan4 »

Hmmm....maybe a Scott Burns video Favourites 2006??? Hint Hint! ;o)
TMan4

Post by TMan4 »

Well, Favourites 2006 has made another awesome video. This time for the Great Scott Burns:

to watch online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvfNrs6uGFg

to download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8YFWZ68R (22mb)

Link to Favourites 2006 original thread:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... 064#487064

Just like to thank Favourites 2006 for all his awesome videos. Keep 'em coming!
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

He's not bad on the run from outside 50 either
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

Will next year be his last year??
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Hope not, MF83. I'm sure he could go on should his body allow, however I wouldn't blame him for calling time this season.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

It'll be his last year, so lets enjoy him while we can...
Beware the swooping Magpie.
TMan4

Post by TMan4 »

Most likely was the oldest person on the filed last night and he almost single handedly won us the game. His clearences from the midfield were absolute beautiful and still has his courage to spare. That's why he's on of my favs at The Pies!!
luvlicca

Post by luvlicca »

He was brilliant last night!! Had a great game!! Well done Scotty!!
- Thanks for the memories Licca - I'm gonna miss you!!! - Bring on 2008 - Nick Maxwell has my vote for Captain -
MOTR

The importance of Scott Burns

Post by MOTR »

Scott Burns may be nearing the end of a magnificant career, but he continues to be one of the most important players on our list. Is anyone surprised that one of the oldest players is still one of the top tacklers in the AFL. This afternoon, his success at pilfering the oppostion's hit outs and holding up Port's midfield will go along way to determining who gets the four points. Last week he was magnificant, and a repeat performance is required against the power of Brendon Lade. This season I've backed Richards as Fraser's ruck spport, but if they don't bring their best game, Lade has the ability to tear them another asshole. If this happens, we are lost without Burns.

We are fortunate that Brogan is out and Lade will be shouldering the majority of the rucking duties. I Can't see Toby Thurstans getting much of a go in the ruck, but if he does, Burns again comes into play. Who can forget Richard's tapping the ball to Burns' advantage in the last quarter of the game against Richmond. All credit to Richard's, but a good tap ruckman without a sniper is as useless as a steak knife without a fork. In the play against Richmond, Burns knew exactly where to run to, and his disposal was absolutely ruthless.

There are some players who will make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck whenever they run out in the black and white. For some like Daicos, Peter Moore and Billy Picken and more recently Didak it's because of their freakish talents; while for others like Clement, Mick McGuane, Tony Shaw, and Buckley it's because of their composure and footy smarts. But, for mine, the biggest thrill is saved for the mongrels of Collingwood. This last group seem to have been spawned by the old kill for collingwood ethos. Their attack on the ball, and the man with the ball, is absolutley ferocious. Their desire to win the football and willingness to find that extra inch when the tank is empty is what makes you proud that Collingwood has been and always will be your team. I'm talking about the Darren Millanes, the Ned Kellys and a journeyman called Burns.
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood