How to get to the GABBA ?

For all the Queensland Magpies.

Moderators: rez_83, Northern Pie

JLC

Post by JLC »

I am going up to Brisbane for the game and before i book just want to know how far it is from the city to get to the ground and how do you get there?

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
rumple

Post by rumple »

Your best bet is probably to stay closer to the ground. Check my membership post for more info.
JLC

Post by JLC »

Cheers mate :) Will do.
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
jeff corfe

Re: How to get to the GABBA ?

Post by jeff corfe »

JLC wrote:I am going up to Brisbane for the game and before i book just want to know how far it is from the city to get to the ground and how do you get there?

jlc
LOL im goin to this one and cant wait should be a ripper, beware of a foureyed little basil bottle brush security man he hangs around the dominos pizza goal end :)
Watch for the QLD cops they still believe they're commander in chief is Jo Bjelke Peterson.
Gonna be fun this one the dream of shoving the gold garment under their snouts is well and truly alive :)
Cangaru

Post by Cangaru »

joffa corfe wrote:
JLC wrote:I am going up to Brisbane for the game and before i book just want to know how far it is from the city to get to the ground and how do you get there?

jlc
LOL im goin to this one and cant wait should be a ripper, beware of a foureyed little basil bottle brush security man he hangs around the dominos pizza goal end :)
Watch for the QLD cops they still believe they're commander in chief is Jo Bjelke Peterson.
Gonna be fun this one the dream of shoving the gold garment under their snouts is well and truly alive :)
Joffa
As I get a ticket for this game with my membership as it is being based at my dads he will probably go so maybe I'll get him to say hi or something I mean to know you is easy but if he mentions me it will be better for him hey!!! Or maybe my mum? She's shy but loves the Pies!!! Especially Davis!!!
Rick.
Hello everybody an Aussie livin in Mexico, just wanting to keep up to date with the footy club.
jeff corfe

Re: How to get to the GABBA ?

Post by jeff corfe »

Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

jlc
Joffa
As I get a ticket for this game with my membership as it is being based at my dads he will probably go so maybe I'll get him to say hi or something I mean to know you is easy but if he mentions me it will be better for him hey!!! Or maybe my mum? She's shy but loves the Pies!!! Especially Davis!!!
Rick.
No worries Rick

Im well known for walking amongst the people and giving out brotherly love greetings 8)

Im
Cangaru

Post by Cangaru »

joffa corfe wrote:
Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

jlc
Joffa
Rick.
No worries Rick

Im well known for walking amongst the people and giving out brotherly love greetings 8)

Im
Ok Joffa no prob will inform which member is going ok. If niether maybe I can lend it to a much wanted Pies supporter to see the game!!
Rick.
Hello everybody an Aussie livin in Mexico, just wanting to keep up to date with the footy club.
qldpie02

Post by qldpie02 »

joffa,
u hav no idea how insane the security guards are. we were at the gabba to watch the QAFL cos some of our friends were playin so we went and sat close to the fence - it was around 5.30 and the security guard is like can i see your tix - we told him that these werent our seats but we would leave when it got busy seein the game wasnt til 7.30 or something and he kept buggin us. it was so annoying because there about 5 other people in the whole ground. so its not just u.

and JLC the gabba isnt in the heart of the city....SURPRISE....but i get the 100 which is from the suburbs but im pretty sure it goes from southbank to the gabba but dont quote me. AND make sure u argue ur point thats its free public transport (if it is) because i got the bus to the ashes and the women made me pay until an older bloke had a massive arguement with her it was hilarious!

hopefully this year the pies can out number the lions supporters...and if the say something challenge them cos THEYVE GOT NOTHING....no footy smarts lol!
ooo and if they say anything about SIR eddie (they had shut up eddie shirt last time the losers) reply with IM SORRY WHOSE UR CLUB PRESIDENT NOBODY KNOWS BECAUSE NOBODY CARES...EVERYBODY KNOWS OUR PRESIDENT BECAUSE EVERYBODY CARES...they get so angry its so much fun
Collingwood forever and ever...amen
johno

Post by johno »

just show your game ticket and public transport to & from the ground is free.
If u r staying in the city then 80 % of southside busses go to the gabba

interchange.

let me know where u r staying and will help.

would suggest the kangaroo point area,great pub & WALKING distance to the ground. u will go passed the pineapple pub on the way ,where the brisbane MAGPIES are planning a function.

book early as all COLLINGWOOD games are sold out.
Fitzroy SUX
qldpie02

Post by qldpie02 »

i second what johno says
Collingwood forever and ever...amen
raymond35

Post by raymond35 »

i third it. pineapple hotel is awesome.