Winners Circle urgent Reminder

archie

Post by archie »

Bucks5 wrote:I don't get this obsession with lighting flares. Don't you think us Collingwood folk have a bad enough reputation without doing something that is perceived to be dangerous like that. Can't you see that it will only turn bystanders and parents against the winners circle?

How many people does it take to tell you it's a silly idea before you actually take notice?
Its ok i wont bring one. You lads get wound up far too easily!!
Anyway cant wait for Friday week. Lets just hope there is a winners circle! :wink:
When we're good they never remember ...
When we're bad they never forget!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

So what if the club read these pages? Not like they can stop it and the winners circle is outside, no bag searches can find the flares :D

As for the winners circle, it would be blamed on the cheersquad, a win/win situation :lol:
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

The winners circle has nothing to do with the cheersquad.
I thank everyone for taking an interest in this topic the bottom line is no matter what, the behaviour of all involved with the winners circle whilst families and kids are in attendance must be one of no bad language and decent orderly behaviour, the winners circle keeps getting better and bigger only because we're doin it right.
cheers everyone:)
Dragme
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Dragme »

On the subject of flares. it has been some time since we saw one at an AFL game.

First and last one I remember was out at Waverley in the early 90's. We played Carlton and it was all on under that brown and gold thing they called a scoreboard.

Top atmosphere and celebrations as we walked out of the ground. It is etched in my mind forever and one of my favourite memeories of Waverley Park.

Why discourage the nutters, they ad colour to the memories. Just like that streaker in the GF years ago (Ms D'Amico). Etched in the memeory forever.

And since when did fear of the club reading these pages ever stop anyone posting, and why should it.
Born, Live and Die a Magpie
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

2002, in the MCC members when we flogged the Blues by 108 points was the last time I saw a flare at a Pies game
Dragme
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Dragme »

eddiesmith wrote:2002, in the MCC members when we flogged the Blues by 108 points was the last time I saw a flare at a Pies game
I regretably missed it. But I do have a piece of memorabilia from this game. Thanks eddiesmith, this adds to the story.
Born, Live and Die a Magpie
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Please remember boys this is a forum of brotherly love...any shit fights re the cheersquad please take them to the cheersquad forum..NOT HERE!!

If the aggro continues here or in any topic i will alert the mods
cheers :)