Umpires

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

TheWedgie

Umpires

Post by TheWedgie »

Well, I was at the game in Adelaide, being a SA supporter of the great Magpies.
How many people saw the replay of the last incident (right in the last few minutes)????
The Crows complain about the umpiring decisions! The crows player fell over his own feet.
ROBBED I TELL YOU. ROBBED.
(and of course no-one in the AFL can comment on the umpires)
paul

Post by paul »

Wedgie,

Do you have any details of Matthew Pavlich. The recruiting team went to see him play on Saturday with a view to drafting him with either our concessional or #1 pick. Is he tall, mobile, strong, can kick like a mule and fight like a crocodile or is he a flashy SA wimp?

In other news our other high draft pick Josh Fraser kicked 6 in a BOG effort for Murray Bushrangers.

Let us hpe that these two can take the next step to AFL level quickly.
TheWedgie

Post by TheWedgie »

paul, I would be happy to look around for info on Matthew Pavlich.
Should put it on in the next few days if I can find some.
Broadie

Post by Broadie »

CALM DOWN EVERYONE.

I was as shattered as the next man at the free kick given (incorrectly according to me and the replays I've now seen umpteen times); however, I'd have to say that any umpire on any day anywhere would have seen it the same way.

Young Rupert did have his hands (legally) on Hart's (it was him wasn't it?) bakcto keep him out of the contest, but HArt tripped over his own feet. Both players has their backs to the umpire so it would have looked like a blatant push.

I'll abuse umpires as loud as any Vic Park Outer fan (which I am), but I also think they deserve some credit for taking on one of the worst jobs in sports.

I only saw the 2nd half (thanks to Ch 7 and the AFL's "programming for morons" department) but the umpires did seem to do an unusually good job.

How good WAS Sav (bar his kicking of course)? He was hardly sighted in the 2nd half telecast, but radio said he was "unstoppable" in the first 2 quarters.