Collingwood Vs Carlton

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

London Dave

Post by London Dave »

My first thought about the pub was that it was the Grace Darling (is it Gowings restaurant now?), and that Alf Andrews would be the first to post a reply. Your next question Alf is, Who else was at the meeting besdies you?
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

The Gowings family sold out some years back and the pub has lost its position as a terrific restaurant and wine bar.
Nice place for a drink though in front of the open fire after work, but gets busy on Fridays.
OK now back to you Mr Andrews.....and you're not allowed to drive down to ask them....i'm testing your collingwood historical knowledge here.
What evidence remains in The Grace Darling Hotel of Collingwood's history?
(Nice reply on the Sydney topic too Alf.)
AlfAndrews

Post by AlfAndrews »

London Dave

Ha ha ha.

Actually, Dave, my memory is a bit vague. You know how it is. Senile dementia creeping in. And besides, I was too pissed that night. Those Britannia lads really liked a drink ... or ten.
I'm sure if you check out Richard Stremski's book, "Kill for Collingwood" you'll get the answer. Unfortunately I don't have a copy on hand.

And Neil Appleby,

Sorry. I'm going to have to disappoint you also. I got such a bad hangover after that night at the Grace Darling with the Britannia lads that I "signed the pledge" and haven't been back since.

------------------
**floreat pica**