#28 Danny Stanley

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Didcos435

Post by Didcos435 »

Just a quote from an interview on CFC website

http://prod.www.collingwoodfc.cfour.com ... wsId=44893
"I ended up playing 100 per cent game time, so it was a good hit-out for the first game. I'll learn a lot from it and hopefully be in next week."
He summed it up beautifulkly himself. And that's all you'd want to hear from him.
Sachmojo

Post by Sachmojo »

HieroHero wrote:he;s not a poor kid..if he wants to make it at AFL level he's gotta do a lot better.. As was said, played on robbo just a few weeks ago..
God the stupidity of some of the posts I see around here surprises me even to this day.

You really expect a first gamer, ANY first gamer to come in an stitch up Robertson in the form he was in yesterday? What would've satisfied you? A dominant Clement-esque defensive display and possible best on ground honours? You idiot.
GoMaggies

Post by GoMaggies »

I think he played well, and I think if someone else had have played on Robbo, he might have kicked more goals, What a game to start of with though
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

Just posting to push the Joffas face thread off the front page
Genesis 1:1
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

just assisting nuxta :wink:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I really hope Stanley picks himself up from this game and realise that he can only get better. Must admit, that Robbo isn't bad for a Taswegian.
Gazza05

Post by Gazza05 »

It was a big assignment for him hopefully he can regain his confidence
ITS NOT MY FAULT BLOODY JONATHON BROWN COMES FROM WARRNAMBOOL !!
loki04

Post by loki04 »

he played well most of robbos goals no one in our team would of stopped! The delivery to the melbourne forwards is what our forwards have been crying out for for years crisp clean quick movement kicked into space favouring there players. look at the replay most the time stanners was on his hammer but the ball was just put too lace out infront of robertson who was also getting quite a few blocks put on stanners by neitz and co.
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

I kinda believe its our role to support our young players no matter what..the kid can play football and will play many more senior games...all the best to him!!
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Didnt have a dream debut... but who really does?!?!

he went ok, showed me something in the 3rd qtr that gave me plenty of hope.... on half back he could have gone wide with a kick, but instead spotted Holland on his own on the centre circle and hit him with a pass which i think may have led to a goal....
Beware the swooping Magpie.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I hope I'm a terrible judge of talent and that Stanley goes on to play 200 games for Collingwood, but i've got to say that he doesn't look like much of a footballer to me. I'm not saying he's bad, just that he doesn't seem to have anything special about him. I truly hope the kid proves me wrong, but at the moment i'd prefer to see him playing for the Seagulls rather than the Pies.
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

Rudeboy, not everyone has "something special"...every club needs the consistent players. Look at Dane Swan. His kicking style, the way he runs etc is not what you would call special, but he knows how to get it. Hopefully stanley goes along the same path.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

DaVe86 wrote:Rudeboy, not everyone has "something special"...every club needs the consistent players. Look at Dane Swan. His kicking style, the way he runs etc is not what you would call special, but he knows how to get it. Hopefully stanley goes along the same path.
I hope so too.
lethalburns

Post by lethalburns »

I wouldnt mind us experimenting with him in the center at Willy. He has the nuggety body for an in an under type.
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

when i saw him first (admittedly from high in the southern - no i was not high myself) i thought he had a very similar body type to swanny
McRae for Governor-General!