Clinton King

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

peps_12

Clinton King

Post by peps_12 »

OK, I don't know jack about McKee, and I know not much more about Ukovic.

3rd pick is better than 7th.

And Clinton King will embarrass the hell out of Collingwood before his career is over.
barry

Post by barry »

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. McKee is needed more than a crumber who can't kick or handpass and I won't even go into contested marks!
peps_12

Post by peps_12 »

That may be, Barry, I didn't say we didn't want McKee. I said King will embarrass us. And he will. He will kick on. Kids don't stay kids, remember, and they can't all kick a million miles from the age of 5.
foxy

Post by foxy »

mckee's only 21. he's just a kid. so according to your theory he should 'kick on' pretty soon anyway. you really reckon king would have got a game at richmond this year? only reason mckee didn't get a game there is because they have two bloody good ruckmen in gale and ottens. even though mckee can't get 25 possies like king, if he takes about 6 marks, gets about 14 possies and over 20 hitouts then he'd be just as damaging as a small man. we've got enough of them as it is.
ZED

Post by ZED »

McKee has come to Collingwood knowing he could be number one ruckman.
MM has given him the chance and us supporters hope he is hungry for the role.
^*Cl|T*^

Post by ^*Cl|T*^ »

I agree and hope King does embarrass us. I heard him interviewed on sport 927 this morning and he didnt even get told by the club he found out from a fellow player and then had to ring his manager to find out what was goin on. All this after 3 weeks ago they called him in and said he was one of the important young brigade that held the future of the club in their hands.
Go King kick on!!!!!!
Wally

Post by Wally »

I'd hope we are a bit more professional than that, Kingy doesn't deserve that sort of treatment. He sounded genuinely disappionted to be leaving Vic Park. Bloody good luck to him at Richmond (except against us).
foxy

Post by foxy »

exactly right nuv. in many circumstances it's not so much the size of the dog in the fight, but merely the weight of the porterhouse steak/lamb fillet/eye fillet/chicken breast that is 'up for grabs' at the time, and hence is the item that causes the aggressive, 'fighting' countenance between the dogs.
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

El tel has left the building.
He had a bit of grunt - but his disposal skills were as good as Jason Wild. Good riddens to the both of them. All we have to do now is get rid of Godden and Patterson. We need skilled player not "turnover" players.

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Mich@el

Post by Mich@el »

Tone........... "the emotion of loosing a good player like King has worn off..." HAS IT!?!?!?! You're "HAPPY"? Are you, but are you really? How can you be so sure until we all see McKee play for us? Or have you just got the VIBE?

King gone, Crow gone, any more mistakes still waiting to surprise us?
skins

Post by skins »

Got a mate at work, a Richmond supporter who reckons that he is spewing they lost McKee. He says that he is a fantastic mark....has good disposal skills and can ruck well. He reckons that he is a good player now and in 12 months he will be an excellent player.

Sounds promising.
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

Mich@el,

I never mentioned King. It would have been great to keep him, but.........
We need quality talls. I am just happy they got rid of Vennebles (el tel)

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo