Talking Footy

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Mich@el

Talking Footy

Post by Mich@el »

Sly

Post by Sly »

I don't think that Malcolm Blight has, technically, gone "loony."

You can definitely see why he "burned-out" as a Coach. He gets extremely passionate. Actually, you can hear it in his commentary when he gets obsessed with a bad decision or piece of play and simply berates it.

But when some matters come up - particularly questioning the integrity of Coaches - I think he simply snaps. He's probably had that no end as a Coach himself and thinks it's:
a) not worth answering.
b) not worth discussing because of the exploitation-factor (of the Coaches in question).

How was he when Sheahan quoted Dermott Brereton citing that Blight "topped-up" (on experience and not youth) at Adelaide when he was coach?

"Good on him," Blight snapped back.

Sheahan was thunderstruck and afraid, I think, to follow up. Even the Human Puke, Healy, seemed dumbfounded. Finally Sheahan asked Blight whether he disagreed with that assessment, and Blight said "Yes," (he did disagree), and the Human Puke thought it best to move the show on.

TIP: On one matter or another, Blight's going to lose it and clout Sheahan.

As for Collingwood, I think they're waiting for a loss before they start discussing us whether we'll be able to come back. Also, I think they're a little tentative to face a Y2Malty reprisal if anything they say can be misconstrued.

------------------
Sly LeKoupa.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.<B>The Collingwood Rant.
Don't believe the Facts until you've read the Rants!</B>
The Unofficial AFL Ranting Board.

[This message has been edited by Sly (edited 12 April 2000).]
Spidergirl

Post by Spidergirl »

I watch Talking Footy every week and i agree it had dropped a bit. Now it just seems that Mike and Blighty constantly stab at each other making it boring for the viewers.
u can't beat the one with Bruce i reckon. And also i thought Terry Wallace was good on it but it was a little difficult having him on while in his current status as Bulldogs coach. I don't think they've really neglected the Pies this year remember they did show two or three weeks in a row our club song in the rooms after the game which is more than the channel 7 coverage of the actual game does.

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!
ytry4

Post by ytry4 »

Did anyone watch the episode with Bucks in it? Gave great insight into what is going on with the club...Anyway, did anyone catch the statistics about Essendon's first quarters. I don't know what it all meant. Can anyone please elaborate?
Mich@el

Post by Mich@el »

The Essendon Statistics showed that they have only given away a total of 7 goals from their first quarter efforts so far this season. Compared with their previous seasons they have really turned stingy in defence.

But WHO CARES! This will mean nothing when the Anzac Day clash comes along.