Not all of them Dave LOL..
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Well 1 or 2 of them and a 2nd Rounder
I am Da Man
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Not sold on Jolly. Just a good ordinary player. Yes he does get a lot of hit outs, but when you think of it, the Sydney game plan with all the stoppages they have, then you would expect him to get lots.

Really worries me around the ground. Does not do too much.

Would not offer anything more than a 3rd rounder.

Might all be academic as the Sun said that his wife has said she wants a 3 year deal to stay, so I think he will stay and no great loss.

TBF
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Let's have a close look at how he goes on saturday. To be honest, I've never really taken much notice of him, though I note that Richards and Bryan did alright against he and Spida 2 weeks ago.
panga

Post by panga »

Also another thing to consider is that I've heard Seaby wants to further his ruck career and not always be cast in the shadow of Cox.

I'd take him over Jolly, but I'd certainly offer our first round draft pick for both.
collingwood.. bowl them over
fraser25

Post by fraser25 »

Dave The Man wrote:We need to try Really Hard to Get Him
ad4eva wrote:i would love to get Jolly

hes a really good tap ruckmen, as good as richards and very mobile around the ground. He will compliment Fraser really,really well.
RudeBoy wrote:We are flag contenders guys. Jolly is only 25 and approaching his prime as a ruckman. The ruck is our only real weakness. With our list, we have a wonderful opportunity in the next 2-3 years to add some silverware to our display cabinet at the Lexus centre. It's time to seize the moment.
Didcos435 wrote:If Jolly becomes availble we have to throw everything at him.
Didcos435 wrote:Imagine the benefit recruiting Jolly would have on Josh Fraser. That's why he is worth a 1st round pick.
spoljar wrote:I know what my answer would be with those 4 issues. Sydney, pick 12 is all yours!
luvlicca wrote:I tend to agree that we should be doing everything we can to woo Jolly to the Lexus Centre.
Neil Appleby wrote:Let's pull out all stops for 2008/09.

Get Jolly.
Give Sydney Pick 12 and Ben Davies and Ryan Lonie.
We could throw in Toovey as a sweetner.
Dave The Man wrote:So Trade Egan,Lonie and Holland and Our 2nd Rounder for Jolly
A whopping six possesions tonight.

:oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

RudeBoy wrote:Let's have a close look at how he goes on saturday. To be honest, I've never really taken much notice of him, though I note that Richards and Bryan did alright against he and Spida 2 weeks ago.
Having had a close look at him tonight I'll pass thankyou very much. Richards actually beat him easily, so why we would want to give up valuable draft picks for a bloke who's not as good as what we've already got is beyond me. Tonight was Richards' best game by far. Maybe, the kid has a future after all. the thing is that often ruckman don't start playing good football until they are well into their mid or even late 20s. Now if Cox or Sandilands became available.....
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times

Post by stui magpie »

Agreed. Richards has copped so much stick from Pies supporters that a lesser man would have shrivelled up in a corner, but tonight he (IMO) if not beat, then at least broke even with Jolly and Everit.

No &*( it, he beat them. great game Guy, tell your story walking Jolly.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

It's a tough call. We've wanted a ruckman for so long...

but, I believe Guy Richards is becoming that ruckman we need.

Yes, we would regret it terribly if we missed Jolly then struggled in the ruck next season. But, conversely, think of the confidence boost it would give Guy if the club put their faith in him and Fraser from next season (with Bryan as a backup).

I'd be tempted to pass on Jolly.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
skaman
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

Havnt really watched Spider as of late. I was a big advocate to get him when he became available. After watching him tonight though, when he really should have excelled, he was pathetic. Jolly also. Maybe Guy does have a future, played a good game. Still hoping he gets alot better, but the signs are alot more encouraging. Like the work below Guys knees tonight, he has improved in that dept. quite markedly.
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!