#31,#26 Ben Johnson

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I don't have him a rest this week to give.
panga

Benny Johnson

Post by panga »

I was 10m away from him when he came down from the coaches box as the team were walking back into the rooms after the game, and he was so happy and pumped up it was as if he had just been on the field, hugging and jumping on all the players etc

This is the sort of stuff we want to see from our players, especially those in our leadership group even when he knows he can't play the grand final if we make it.

Or maybe he's just happy that he gets to play at earliest round 2 now instead of round 3 :p
collingwood.. bowl them over
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I was watching the team song after the game, and the boys made way for Shaw and Fraser to join the circle, both were beaming. And then I looked left, and there was Licca jumping up and down like an excited kid.

It was great to see :D
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

Really noticed Licca in particular too David. He was really going off, as excited as a kid in a lolly shop. Guys like him and Rhyce could be excused for having mixed feelings, but you can see they absolutely bleed for the club. Class acts that make you proud to support the club.
panga

Post by panga »

I haven't seen the game yet, other than from grass level, so I can't wait to watch the full telecast
collingwood.. bowl them over
CQ

Post by CQ »

Yes that was good, there were no "poor me's" in sight, in B&W anyway.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

That's great stuff. Although only 22 can take to the field, we're a true team, and everyone from Bucks down to Macaffer contribute. Keep the spirit going, Pies!
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

It was slightly disturbing though when Bryan landed a big kiss on Lica's head after the song
I think therefore I think - I think
magpiesgirl

Post by magpiesgirl »

David wrote:I was watching the team song after the game, and the boys made way for Shaw and Fraser to join the circle, both were beaming. And then I looked left, and there was Licca jumping up and down like an excited kid.

It was great to see :D
Thats just beautiful-almost brings a tear to my eye,no joke!
magpie_born_and_bred

Post by magpie_born_and_bred »

i thought it was beautiful as well, its not just the 22, its a whole team thing, the support through the week that the boys give each other, the friendship the bonding, the players and supporters are all a happy family, i am so happy to support this club!!
We are the army, the Magpie Army, and we are mental, and we are mad, we are the loyalist football supporters, THE WORLD HAS EVER HAD!
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Benny Johnson

Post by Culprit »

Here is a player many have simply forgotten about in their plans for 2008. Whilst his disposal sometimes lets him down he will have a crack and can shut an opponent down and kick goals. Off field he has had his moments but when he crosses that white line he gives you everything. Good pre season will see him in our best for 2008.
The Weed

Post by The Weed »

He had a shocking year on the field last year, he hardly scored a vote in the Copeland (excpet for the mandatory one you get for playing), hopefully he will get back to the previous years form because we still need pace through the middle.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

i don't know if 'forgotten' is the right term. i think it is more a taking for granted he will be back, raring to go from round 2. he has been training very solidly and as pointed out, his hardness at the ball is just the ticket to complement the more silky palyers.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
DaicosMagic

Post by DaicosMagic »

Unfortunately for BJ, I feel we are sometimes better off without his turnovers and hellicoptors from half back. He may not have as many as he used to, but they usually occur at half back or during the centre, resulting in opposition thrusts forward and even goals. He was so TACKLED last year, it was like the reincarnation of Patterson and his 'blinkers'. Too many turnovers, not enough awareness ... and now I think Clarke has taken over his possie (including sublime skills). BJ has to work hard to get back into the best 22 I reckon.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

No one is like Patto, only he could run to the boundary line so fast to try to get the ball after it was over the line.