GROG SQUAD : OUT OF CONTROL AND LOVING IT

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

JLC

GROG SQUAD : OUT OF CONTROL AND LOVING IT

Post by JLC »

This year i have been to every Collingwood game in Melbourne and to about 7 or 8 Richmond games. I sit in the Outer Cheersquad and have seen our Official Cheersquad. Both of our Cheersquads are good.

BUT nothing compares to the atmosphere when u stand near the Richmond Grog Squad. The noise and atmosphere they generate is unbelievable. During the game the noise is fantastic and at three quarter time their "Every where we go" chant really gets the crowd going.

Then after the game they go mental. People swarm from everywhere and they chant and sing like ive never seen before. The security and police look dumb founded as the Grog Squad run riot.....lol There was at least 200 people after the game chanting and just going mental.

Can the Collingwood supporters lift as a group this week. Its good that all the hard core supporters will be situated in the Ponsford stand. So Joffa get your guys fired up this week. Lets show the Richmond supporters that the Magpie Army is in town.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL

[This message has been edited by JLC (edited 29 July 2001).]
JLC

Post by JLC »

THATS THE BEAUTY they all stand behind the goals at southern stand end...........check em out.........(at your own risk...lol)

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
stik35

Post by stik35 »

I have to disagree, I sat in front of them at the last Richmond Collingwood game and they completely ruined it for me, I had trouble following the game at all with their deafening one sided bullshit. I hate Richmond supporters.
I sit in our Cheersquad every week and have a ball. We are not insulting and obnoxious like them.
(Maybe I'm slightly biased)