Vale / in Memorium

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Refused attention from medics when first attended, left in the care of a neighbor, had a life ending seizure not long after.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

RIP. another life cut short.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/10/ ... ion=justin

Eagles legend Mainwaring dies

West Coast Eagles legend and sports presenter Chris Mainwaring has died in Perth.

The dual AFL Premiership player died after being rushed from his Cottesloe home to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in the early hours of this morning.

Police say officers had been called to Haining Avenue about 11.30pm after complaints Mainwaring had been yelling in the street.

When police arrived, he was calm and refused treatment from St John Ambulance.

Officers left him in the care of a neighbour.

About an hour later, ambulance officers were called again and found Mainwaring unconscious.

He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving in hospital.

The cause of his death has not been revealed but police say there were no suspicious circumstances.

He is survived by his wife and two children.

Chris Mainwaring was 41.

Police cordon off and search Mainwaring home

The Police Major Crime Squad has declared the incident a sudden death and is conducting an investigation.

Police have cordoned off part of Haining Avenue where Mainwaring lived and forensic officers are scouring the home.

Officers are also doorknocking local residents as they try to piece together the circumstances in which he died.
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

Its awful news but geeezzz, like Chris Mainwairing is the only person who has ever used drugs is he?? God, he's only human. Who knows the real story behind his so called 'drug use' anyway?
Zakal

Post by Zakal »

Yeah cmon guys, Drugs or not the bloke is dead. Thats a tradgedy, end of story.

However, i do agree with those (such as Tess) who hope if this is drugs related it does not get swept under the carpet. Not for some sick voyeuristic purpose, but rather to make sure something positive can come out of his tragic death.

People need to realise the horrible effects drugs can have. Just like Pants' death probably made more than a few people have a look at their drinking to make sure it wasn't going to send them down the same path.
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

Such tragic news for family and friends of Chris's.

41 is way to young to go, I am in shock, but it is time for the AFL, and Society has to take a huge stand on life after footy, and actually living your life to the fullest, without anything that alters your body, mind or personality.

Huge condolances to his wife and children, and all his mates and family.
bwphantom

Post by bwphantom »

Played with and against Chris. A great shock as he is and was a great bloke. Had a lot of great memories with Chris.
All my thoughts are with his wife and family.

Bye chris and thanks for all the help you gave me early on in my short Footy career.
All this may be summed up in one word - CHARACTER - and if that is not worth developing, nothing is.

Jock McHale
Zakal

Post by Zakal »

Yeah...lets drag Didak into this topic too. Gimme a break, and lets stick to giving our condolences to the Mainwaring family.
Prometheus
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Prometheus »

<How about a bit of respect for the dead - BBMods>
kambarker

Post by kambarker »

Condolences to Chris''s family and all at the West Coast Eagles.

Too young to die.................and hopefully as Tess says, the AfL will look into the drug issue which needs to be addressed.
Its a society problem.................and the AFL can take the lead to helping educate their players into the dire results of illicit drug use.
medders#7

Post by medders#7 »

Condolences to his family.

I feel for everyone involved :(
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Right here is a very good reason why the AFL has to do all it can to stamp out this terrible social epidemic from league ranks.
Get back on top.

Post by 42 »

Sad as it is, this is the result of the AFL's lax policies. sure mainwaring came from time beofre this was a big issue but can anyone tell me cousins has been set straight for life by 6 weeks counselling in a US holiday retreat?

Sad for his family, but was totally avoidable.
"If everybody agrees, then somebody isn't thinking."

Gen George S Patton.
US 3rd Army.
Dakstar

Post by Dakstar »

RIP champ
Some call him Dids or Didak, but he will always be a DAKSTAR!
Didak the Superstar

Post by Didak the Superstar »

42 wrote:Sad as it is, this is the result of the AFL's lax policies. sure mainwaring came from time beofre this was a big issue but can anyone tell me cousins has been set straight for life by 6 weeks counselling in a US holiday retreat?

Sad for his family, but was totally avoidable.
Excatly 42 whenever i talk to anyone about the cousins issue i always say that the mans an addict and it takes years to get over drugs. 6 Weeks was way too short in rehab.

RIP chris
" Alan Didak = Simply Amazing "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szYPH6Mlv0Y