The cheer squad should become active in helping the disadvan

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

joffa_the_man_in_gold

The cheer squad should become active in helping the disadvan

Post by joffa_the_man_in_gold »

Lets spread the fun and passion and on some match days include those who cannot for various reasons afford to sit and be a part of the greatest cheer squad in the league.

Pensioners, disabled kiddies, and a subject very close to my heart and thats kids from financially deprived families.

I know of 2 fellow collingwood people at present who will be lucky to see out 2003 and the little money they have is needed for more urgent needs, a day out with the cheer squad would indeed be a blessing to these people.

When i grew up it was in large family that basically had no money
at times as a kid i couldnt go to the footy, mum just didnt have the dosh and you just sit in the bedroom listening to the game on the radio nearly in tears because you couldnt be there.

Can we together do something as we support our beloved pies and making someones day a little better.

Any ideas suggestions ?

100,000 GOLD WIGS and a million shining eyes
This our country's one true game
And the footy ground's on fire
And collingwood's sons and daughter's, under wide Australian skies
Win or lose we're back again to claim the winner's prize.....

Go Pies you bloody beauties !! 'Caaarm Ornnn' kill the Bloody Bastards.

email..joffa@magpies.net
Darren Tripp

Post by Darren Tripp »

Tess, I agree with your concerns about having the right people involved with any charity and the cheer squad coming together. This is not a problem as there are already people who are members and have a police clearance. Also there are members who already work for charities involved with the cheer squad, ie; Wesley Youth Services and the Salvos. So as you see there are already people involved who can correctly direct any funds raised to the people who really need them, to go and see the MIGHTY MAGPIES kick but all over Australia!!!
Darren Tripp

Post by Darren Tripp »

Tess, I agree with your concerns about having the right people involved with any charity and the cheer squad coming together. This is not a problem as there are already people who are members and have a police clearance. Also there are members who already work for charities involved with the cheer squad, ie; Wesley Youth Services and the Salvos. So as you see there are already people involved who can correctly direct any funds raised to the people who really need them, to go and see the MIGHTY MAGPIES kick but all over Australia!!!
joffa_the_man_in_gold

No drama whatsoever its only a drama if we let it be, i work for the salvation army and i have a police clearance, you have to have one when working for the salvo's.
This is a subject very close to my heart and i dont want any killjoy's getting in the way, i also belive given the chance many people will love to get involved.
I could contact many agencies on monday and leave a contact number and take it from there but we need other people wanting to get involved, i also believe we all have some moral social obligation in wanting ideas such as this getting of the ground.
What we do need however is positive feedback.

If we can get this thing going and at the moment its only discussion who is prepared to help out in anyway possible ?

email..joffa@magpies.net
Rosewall Woman1

Post by Rosewall Woman1 »

Joffa,

I know the guy who started the wheelies has talked about this sort of thing from time to time and has a few ideas like:

1. The wheelies coming down to join the cheersquad and join in the chants at some stage (would need some organisation as at least 3 of em are in chairs/scooters)

2. Key people from the squad going up to them and leading them in a chant or two.

3. Maybe they could be on the ground for the banner run through.

All but one member of the wheelies are adult so no problems there, any that need it also come complete with a carer so I don't think the concerns raised by others would be an issue.

Do you have Greg's contact details? I'm sure the club do or I can rustle them up
Trippy Pie

Post by Trippy Pie »

Joffa,

I would love to get involved with any discussion/ brainstorming session to get this project off and running.

For a long time now I have seen the potential for the Cheer Squad to do this type of thing for the community. I work with Street Kids for Wesley so I also have a clearance, but if this was to become legit all people involved would then need to get them. Perhaps at your barbie people could meet a little earlier to discuss ideas.

COLLINGWOOD RULES no one else matters!!!!
joffa_the_man_in_gold

Mate that is fantastic we will certainly talk about it on barby day.
cheers mate

email..joffa@magpies.net
joffa_the_man_in_gold

Darren

The club is behind us as we go ahead with this initiative, we have got to keep the club informed of what we are doing and when we are doing it.
get back mate and we will get things planned
joff

email..joffa@magpies.net

[This message has been edited by joffa_the_man_in_gold (edited 04 February 2003).]
Foreverpies

Post by Foreverpies »

I am all for it Joffa and willing to help in anyway!!

I think its a great idea and I think it has been a long time coming!Image
joffa_the_man_in_gold

Foreverpies

Thank you so much can you drop us an email
cheers

email..joffa@magpies.net