#11 Shane O'Bree

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

redgiant

Post by redgiant »

Interestingly enough in the years where Collingwood made it to the Granny (02,03) OBree's stats were enviable. I have always private held the view that he is one the Pies key indicators of success. If he is prolific in stats the pies are thriving. I wish his 2007 is a blisteringly hot one.
It's gotta be RED! He's gotta be spinning.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Started '06' in a blaze of glory didn't he. I think it was 12 possies in the first 15 mins. Just run around doing what he liked.
tcnthat

Post by tcnthat »

I must be one of the few Pies supporters around to have this bloke's number on my Pies guernsey, of course there is a story to it...
When we played the Scum in either 01 or 02 early and towelled them, O'bree was everywhere.

I was sitting with a heap of Scum supporters who were giving me plenty, and when Cheesy started getting touches, I was into the Scum coach of the time (Brittain maybe?) asking in my most loud, abnoxious voice "Who's on O'Bree?" ad nauseum.

Of course he was absolutely knocked up getting touches all day and I believe got a brownlow vote or two. And we won narrowly after a late scum charge.

An interesting aside is also the fact Cheesy is the nephew of former Pies/Bulldogs star 'Butch' Edwards, whose career was cruelled by knee injuries. Butch was highly skilled and rated by the likes of Tommy and John Cahill. Butch was also a very handy cricketer and I believe is still involved in footy at the TAC level...not sure, can anyone update?

So keep getting in and under Cheesy, plodders have fans too. :D
Black. White. Forever.
tcnthat

Post by tcnthat »

Not sure of the stats he had, but for my mind (watching on TV from a golf club on the South Coast of NSW, through the bottom of about 10 schooners) OB's game Saturday against the sAints was one if his best ever for the club.

He excelled in the attrocious conditions and even chimed in up forward. Great to see, especially after the thread on General Discussion last week not rating him!
Black. White. Forever.
firthy

Post by firthy »

tcnthat wrote: An interesting aside is also the fact Cheesy is the nephew of former Pies/Bulldogs star 'Butch' Edwards, whose career was cruelled by knee injuries. Butch was highly skilled and rated by the likes of Tommy and John Cahill. Butch was also a very handy cricketer and I believe is still involved in footy at the TAC level...not sure, can anyone update?
I know butch played cricket a few years back out Melton way in the WSCC comp (I played against him) Can hit a ball, didnt run much :) , put on a few kg's like the rest of us hehe...
tcnthat

Post by tcnthat »

firthy wrote:
tcnthat wrote: An interesting aside is also the fact Cheesy is the nephew of former Pies/Bulldogs star 'Butch' Edwards, whose career was cruelled by knee injuries. Butch was highly skilled and rated by the likes of Tommy and John Cahill. Butch was also a very handy cricketer and I believe is still involved in footy at the TAC level...not sure, can anyone update?
I know butch played cricket a few years back out Melton way in the WSCC comp (I played against him) Can hit a ball, didnt run much :) , put on a few kg's like the rest of us hehe...
Yeah, I dont think the dodgy knees go too well with a hard fitness regime, plus the 'social' obligations of suburban cricket contribute to growing stature on and off the park!!!
Black. White. Forever.
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Just realised that O'Bree has only missed 13 games in his entire 8 years with Collingwood... Six in the past 5 years!

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/play ... OBree.html
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Presti#1Fan wrote:Just realised that O'Bree has only missed 13 games in his entire 8 years with Collingwood... Six in the past 5 years!

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/play ... OBree.html
Pretty good record right there another big year ahead for old O'Bree. :)
hoggy

Post by hoggy »

I just wanted my name where it says who posted last in this forum. :)
Barge
Robbo.D.yobbo

Post by Robbo.D.yobbo »

hoggy wrote:I just wanted my name where it says who posted last in this forum. :)
too bad :lol:
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

ha :)
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
hoggy

Post by hoggy »

Stop what?
Barge
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

hoggy wrote:Stop what?